Pondering.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 9Likes
  • 5 Post By wolfy dog
  • 4 Post By WIBackpacker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Pondering....

My sweet Deja is now 6 years old. I can see the change in her even though she is still her intense self, can go on all day, still dig deep holes etc but is the calmest in the house. In the morning she goes back to her crate until I feed her or if there is a chance we might go outside. After our breakfast she relaxes, watches wildlife calmly from the window (as I am tying this) without going into a barking frenzy. In the evening she just hangs out and when she hears the tune of the Daily Show, she crates herself. But..if I put on my gardening gloves, head to the mud room or anything that might involve her, she is all anticipation, young and springy. I guess she is the mature (trained?)version of a WL. Perfect dog for me. I wish she would stay 6 forever.
The weird thing is that sometimes I find it too relaxing, as if I am missing the chaos of a young dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Administrator

I think 6 is the magic year for GSDs. Everything is kinda golden, with none of the foreshadowing of old age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page