German Shepherds Forum banner

A day at the beach

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Jenny720 
#1 ·
Shadow spent most of her life in Alberta. She had never seen a lake, let alone a beach until we came to Ontario. Her only water exposure was the rivers and I feel confident stating she was not a fan.
I have walked the shorelines of some lakes and she was not interested in going in. At all!
Today I put her on her long line and sat in the shade. At first she did what I expected and went to explore the grass and trees.
But then she noticed the waves! And the chase was on.

Dog Canidae German shepherd dog Dog breed Water

Dog Canidae German shepherd dog Dog breed Water

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Plus you don't want her to get water drunk. Easy to do in extreme heat.
Nice way to cool down though
Such great pics!!! :)

Reactions: Sabis mom
#8 ·
Yayyy Shadow, brave girl! Looks like you are on a pretty big lake there - the water quality should be fine. She might get a bit of loose stool from more water than usual but not likely to pick up a parasite.

Reactions: Sabis mom
#14 ·
Shepherds by the water. Nice photos a great way to cool off! The summer has been been brutally hot - making me feel my age.

Luna does not grab any water but Max will lick the water -saltwater -sometimes so I have make sure we don’t over due it playing fetch in the water as he will grab some water scooping up his toy. Certain toys can collect extra water to. He had really bad water diarrhea once or twice from the salt. He likes dunking his head under water to and with the swimming they do I just make sure they get many breaks and fresh water.

I took the kids to the bay after hours over the weekend it was still jammed packed. My sister and nephew were in the water but as soon as we stepped on the small beach - Max headed over to their things he was so excited catching their scent putting his head in their bags it was very cute.

The lake looks very similar to our bay but without any trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.