Sting the Mighty Frog Hunter - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Sting the Mighty Frog Hunter

This unusually wet summer has given boom to the frog population in the creeks and ditches by the Dam where I walk Sting. From the first time when I was casually strolling along the bank and a frog jumped out to Sting’s delight, the hunt was on. One of the tenets of Natural Dog Training is to be aware that a dog is not walking to enjoy the scenery but is on a hunting expedition. The human cannot daydream, but must be watching the dog and encouraging him and keeping him in a group hunting mode so the dog will not go off hunting on his own. So, when Sting jumped after the frog, I called out “what a great hunter!” He promptly started to search for more frogs, looking back to make sure that I was now patrolling the bank and calling out to him when I had flushed out a frog. In a plausible imitation of a Nova Scotia Duck Trolling Retriever, Sting went in the water and splashed with his front paws. When a frog jumped out, he pounced. He was so involved, that when a Dam Maintenance truck drove by, he didn’t even look up. The driver even backed up to get a closer view at the dog jumping in the water with the lady shouting from the bank, finally driving away, shaking his head “crazy tourist”. All was fun and games, the clever frogs would jump, then swim underwater in a different direction, safe from harm. Until, I looked down, and there crouched between my feet, was an emerald green frog, staring up trusting at me with his ruby eyes. Here was Mr. Frog from my favorite childhood books! I could not betray him. So, I called to Sting “He went that way!” And pointed ahead. Sting, none the wiser, jumped in that direction, while I gently stepped away from Mr. Frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Crowned Member

Great story...swim free Mr Frog
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 01:55 AM

LOL too cute

Inka Vom Kleinen Hain
Izaak GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page