signs that your dog is sick of you being sick - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

signs that your dog is sick of you being sick

my 8 month old (wow this month flew by I just realized he'll be 9 months old in a week!!) Sage has been fantastic for me this week. I've been pretty sick with strep throat, upper respiratory infection, and ear infection...not fun at all . Sage mostly just cuddled with me on the bed or couch and slept or was content to chew. Well today I think its fair to say he's had enough. He has been bringing me his ball all day today asking to play fetch and we did but it was a pathetic lazy version of fetch lol. He's been going to his leash and pushing it with his nose and then looking at me, going to the door nosing the doorknob and looking at me. Then he started chasing his tail and had the crazy zoomy look in his eyes. I let him out back to run around like a crazy dog but that only lasted a couple of minutes because I wasn't out there with him. He barked at the door so I opened it to let him back in and Sage turned around and ran away grabbed his beloved football and came flying at me still holding the door open for him and then he lept yes lept onto the kitchen counter like a 75# cat..okay maybe small mountain lion is more accurate. Maybe its the medication I'm taking or the fact that he was looking at me with a wild look in his eyes squeaking his football while standing on the counter and his tail hitting the coffee mugs making them clink causing me to be hypnotized and just stare back at him shocked in silence...I don't know how long I just stood there looking at him looking at me with that football in his mouth going squeak squeak. At some point I managed to say "off" and he got down. I'm still shocked, what gave him the idea? Is it just teenage boy crazy + zoomies? I guess after I get his hips checked i'll have to look into agility

do your dogs go crazy when you are sick or injured?

-Brandi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
6-5-09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Crowned Member

So sorry to hear you're so sick, hope you're feeling better soon.

Do you have a neighbor who can play ball with Sage and hopefully run off some of his pent up energy until you're feeling better? I've been lucky, when I've been seriously ill/injured/recuperating from surgery, the Hooligans have been able to go outdoors and play with each other, tiring themselves out, until I was feeling better. I guess that's one advantage of having a multi-dog family.

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Knighted Member

My dog CRYS when I dont get out of bed. And rubs on me & jumps on me & gets mad when I dont get up.
LOL
BRAT!

Kilo- GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page