between them but that little bugger was fast and out maneuvered
me. I must say, Sierra really behaved herself, she flailed a little
bit 'cause she was startled but didn't try and snap/growl/bite
at this little thing. The owner finally managed to get the little dog
to go back inside.

The best thing about it? The owner was extremely concerned
and apologetic. He seemd a bit in shock... I've passed this
house dozens of times and never even seen or heard the chihuahua
before, so it's not like it was a common occurence...
WHEW!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
I had posted this elsewhere, but it's a recent Chihuahua story. At the park this past weekend. It's a small park and there were about a dozen people there, two of which had other dogs...all small breeds. So I kept my distance with Dharma out of respect for the other dogs space and because she's barking at dogs now and I didn't want to be embarassed. So after a half hour of sitting and watching, Dharma was doing great. I decided to walk around a bit. We did a lap around the track and then walked past a man on a bench with a Pomeranian and a Chihuahua. Dharma let out a bark and I corrected. She stopped. It was great training! The Pomerianian starts barking like she's got a point to prove and Dharma holds steady. Good girl! Next thing I know, there's a Chihuahua on top of us and about to get into it with Dharma. So I kick the Chihuaua off. Not as hard as I could have, but she got my point and backed up. Another lady came up and helped calm down matters. All the while, the man on the bench, that owned the dog never got up.....HE JUST WATCHED!

After I went to the other side of the park and sat down I felt like a heel for not having chewed him out about controlling his dog. But the moment had passed.

Anyway, I was shocked at the resolve Dharma showed. She was much calmer than I was through the whole thing.

#5 ·
Way to go. I don't concern myself with others behavior too much, there are too many things to deal with that you can have some control over to bother to get upset or worry about things you have no control over.

I guess I'm lucky to have a great neighborhood for walking Hope.

I get to walk Hope past at least a couple of squirrels that hang out right by our path until we're 10 feet away every day, and a couple of unconcerned cats that always seem to be in their front yard.

That and a lot of other folks with dogs that actually want to help get both their and my dog better socialized.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.