UKC Conformation - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to GranvilleGSD
UKC Conformation

I just sent in my registration papers and I'm going to give UKC conformation a try. I have shown AKC (a newbie handler and we got a point!) and did an SV style show once. Are the ring procedures for UKC the same as they are for AKC? I know the points schedule is different, and they sometimes offer day of show entries (I like this! I never know if I can get off of work on Saturdays). What else should I know before I go to the show?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Crowned Member

Re: UKC Conformation

Just got back from a weekend show (my pup's first show). I think that sometimes baiting is NOT allowed. They have NLC classes. For example my puppy is not yet registered AKC or UKC (waiting on AKC papers b/c the stud is from Germany) but at this show we could purchase a TL number and enter day-of.

Depending on the judge it seems there is more variety in GSDs being championed and put up. This morning Nikon's littermate got best puppy over the American lines. Several German line or German bred dogs won.

I go to the Premier every summer and for Best In Show they have three judges examine the dogs and collectively choose. I think that's different from AKC?

Coke (All-American 7/7/06)
Nikon (GSD 9/7/08)
Indy (All-American 5/10/12)
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Well we had our first UKC show today. I enjoyed it alot (although taking BOB over a CH male probably helped!) I liked the format, with 2 shows going on at the same time. They held the group competition right after they were finished judging the group, so there really wasn't a whole lot of waiting around. It certainly was nice to be able to compete in 2 shows and be back home before noon! We will definately be doing more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Timberlinek9

A BIG congratulations to you both. God luck with your future shows.

Me and my young female will have our first UKC show this weekend in NJ. It will be two shows each day. It would be great to get a very special birthday present this weekend. This will be her first show in anything so it will be a big weekend for her

Michael

PAM Timberline Duke of Bavaria CGC TDI CD RAE2 HSAdsc HIAdsc HXAdc NA NJ NF OAP OJP OFP AG1
UKC/CH Zada Vom Sandsee PT RN
UKC/CH Corwynt Tayken Black Diamond CGC HSAd NAJ NJP(CWC)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to denwil2007

I went to a UKC show, and found it totally confusing. After showing in stuffy AKC shows, I didn't know what to do with myself. I found it very frustrating that no one knew when we would start, or how many dogs were expected to come.

By the time the day was over, I was glad I came. Now, if I can only pull my anal retentive self away from the AKC/ borg mentality, I'll make an appearance at another show. Chopper is now UKC registered, and so Chase will be very soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

for show and performance
Sabian's Hot Pursuit v Southwind CGC --Chase
Bleibtreu's Ransom of Coda CGC --Chopper
T-Ho's BoclayBee-lieve in Me of Sabian-Cheetah
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Yeah, I felt like a moron having to ask if I filled out the entry forms correct. I could fill out an AKC form in my sleep. I do like that you can usually enter on the day of the show. My schedule is always changing and I never know if I can make it to shows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page