Show etiquette and some other questions - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Sables win all the time. All my friends that breed have multiple sable champions. Black dogs win. Bi-colors win. Color really doesnít matter.
atomic and Datura like this.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:45 PM

This is encouraging, thank you! Sorry for my ignorance.
Datura likes this.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:53 PM

Not ignorance! You would have no way of knowing, if you donít go to AKC shows.
Datura likes this.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfaeries View Post
Scarlet is kind of a big girl, and when sheís in coat, we donít need her to look bigger!

Well, I know that people always say that UKC is more friendly, and Iím sure thatís true for many, especially if you have a WGSL. My worst show experience ever was showing Scarlet in UKC. Judges were mind boggling terrible, and several fellow GSD competitors were ridiculously rude to me. Maybe I'll write a little story about that show sometimes. I'm still shaking my head over it. Dean should do fine. Heís a nice dog.

Nails. I dremel Scarlet's. And yes, if you do it every couple of days, you can get them back. Iíll see if I can find some feet photos.
I honestly didn't want to show GSDs at first because I kept hearing about how political the AKC is about them, and there is so much out there online where people go on and on about how terrible American show lines are, how you can only win if you hire a pro handler, and blah blah blah, and I wasn't sure I could handle the pressure. I originally got Dean to do dog sports with (Running into issues with that now since I started right off teaching him to sit when offered a treat or when we stop walking lol ) My sister knows how bad I have wanted to show, so she "talked me into it" lol But thats why I figured I would go UKC first too, since they are supposed to be easier going and everything. I would love to know the judges name that gave you a hard time so that I can not show under them ever lolIi would also be very interested in hearing your experience <3

I'm getting both my dogs on an every other day dremmel schedule, so I can get Deans nails down, nice and short, and my bull dog's nails grow so fast. I've seen people say they only dremmel twice a month maybe, and their dogs have nice short nails. If I leave Ella's for a week they are almost curling around lol

Thank you for saying Dean is a nice dog. I don't have an eye for the standard really yet, I am still working on it, so to me he looks super handsome, but then I am finding little things that I think aren't right, and I worry he won't do well in the ring at all. So to hear from you who knows her show stuff, that he is nice, is heartening. So thank you <3

~Melissa~
Dean the gsd
Ella the EB
Minnie the cat
Herbie the cat
Cas the baby cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page