3Likes
  • 1 Post By Datura
  • 1 Post By dogfaeries
  • 1 Post By Katsugsd

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Question Ukc?

Hello everyone,
My sister is telling me I should show Dean, just for the experience, for when I get a show pup someday.
He is a West German Show Line, and not an American Show Line, and some people have told me that I may have better luck in the UKC since they are a little more laid back.
but I have some questions about the UKC that I can't seem to find the answers to on their web page.
For the single registration, how long does it last? Is it something I have to keep doing, or is it a once done, it's done?
the web page has a place to look up your dog's points. Does that mean you have to earn a certain number of points to get the dog's CH, or is it just for the hunting, rally, ect trials?
Is there anything else I should know before I take that step into the show ring? We don't have any show classes near by, so it will be just me and Dean, and some youtube vids lol
cesartriangle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:13 PM

I know you can show in UKC without registering your dog with UKC. You get a temporary listing number, and if you earn points you need to go ahead and register your dog with UKC in order for them to count. The temporary number doesn’t expire.

I show in AKC, and have only entered each of my dogs once in UKC. I entered the morning of the show. Filled out a temporary listing form, and then my entry form.
Datura likes this.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:40 PM

Registering with UKC is a one and done deal. I'd recommend mailing the paperwork for $35 rather than emailing since they'll charge you a $40 expedited fee ($70 total). It lasts for the life of the dog.
A temporary listing number is a good alternative if you just want to try it out.

You can do a points check on the UKC website. You need 100 points and three competition wins (BoB/BiS/Group Placements/Defeating a champion) under 3 different judges. I've heard the points changed from 100 to 150 or vice versa but I'm not 100% sure.
Datura likes this.

+ Kalbi CGC 6/21/2015
+ Blackthorn's Out of the Frying Pan NW1 ORT SEN SCN BCAT SIN RATN TKN (Katsu) 9/12/2017
+ Blackthorn's Skofnung CGC TKN RATI RATO (Steel) 07/23/2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks you guys.
Dean will be my first show dog of either AKC or UKC, so I am a complete newbie either way lol
Does anyone have any tips? I have been watching a ton of youtube vids, since we don't have any conformation classes nearby, it's just me, Dean, and youtube lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page