Scarlet's going to another dog show - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Scarlet's going to another dog show

Well, the saga of Scarlet the show dog continues. I entered her in the big Oklahoma City dog show cluster that is in 2 weeks. She'll be showing 3 of the 5 days. Pretty excited about it, as I do love dog shows.

Of course, she has now chewed a nice hole on her butt, well, actually croup. OMG, why does this always happen? They either blow coat or mangle themselves in some way as soon as you pay your money. A stupid hot spot. Nice and pink, and yes, I've about drowned her in Vetericyn. It's mostly hidden. I'm dragging out the magic horse goo that Jackie used several years back to grow coat, and that I used on Carly's tail one time. Yes, Carly's tail, when she chewed a hole in it RIGHT BEFORE A DOG SHOW. It actually works, which is kind of amazing and why it's magic. It smells like rancid bacon, but hey, whatever works.

So the demon dog went to her dog class tonight (conformation) and she was wild as could be. Bouncy. Very bouncy. The dog had springs on her feet. At one point she knocked the junior down that was working with her, and then dove on top of her on the ground, and licked all over her face, lol. She's such a bad dog. Yep, I'm pretty sure this dog will be the death of me.

Stay tuned...

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 12:31 AM
Crowned Member

I'm laughing picturing Scarlet with springs on her paws bouncing. Sounds like she loved her junior handler a little much. She definitely will win for enthusiasm.
Good luck and enjoy. Rancid bacon smell that alone means its great.
dogfaeries likes this.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

After class, we had our GSD club meeting. Everyone's dogs were lying calmly at their feet. I look down at my wild child, and she's upside down on her back. She's hilarious when she's not being a terrible dog, lol. Luckily my handler knows how to rein her in, and has a couple of her own that act like her.
Daisy&Lucky's Mom likes this.

~ Diane ~

and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Crowned Member

She sounds like like fun! What is that magic goop called. Luna had a hot spot last year. It was shaved and seemed to forever grow back. We are good now but don’t want to go through that again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
She sounds like like fun! What is that magic goop called. Luna had a hot spot last year. It was shaved and seemed to forever grow back. We are good now but donít want to go through that again.

Itís called Shapleyís MTG. It was just a matter of maybe 3 days before hair started growing. Crazy!

https://www.chewy.com/shapleys-original-m-t-g-mane-tail

~ Diane ~

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 01:43 PM
Crowned Member

Aah yes I remember this stuff it for jay our horse it smelled like garlic to me crazy smell and greasy as **** but worked great!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Scarlet's going to another dog show

Thatís the stuff! Very greasy and massively stinky. Canít wait for my house to smell like it 24/7.

~ Diane ~

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 01:52 PM
Crowned Member

Lol! Yes I can’t imagine that smell indoors! Lol!
dogfaeries likes this.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Elite Member

Just wondering how your dog show went! We went to the summer classic dog olympics and really enjoyed ourselves! Got to watch dock diving, barn hunt, rally even a little weight pull! Lol! That storm rolled in and we had to leave before the German shepherd conformation was over! Just wondered if that was the same show! Never had gotten to see the other events before! Hope they do it again next year!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by readaboutdogs View Post
Just wondering how your dog show went! We went to the summer classic dog olympics and really enjoyed ourselves! Got to watch dock diving, barn hunt, rally even a little weight pull! Lol! That storm rolled in and we had to leave before the German shepherd conformation was over! Just wondered if that was the same show! Never had gotten to see the other events before! Hope they do it again next year!
Same show! And yes, Scarlet was in the ring when that thunderstorm hit. Crazy! I didn't get time to watch all the sports, but was so happy they did that. Hopefully they'll do it next year, and I'll have time to watch this time.

Scarlet took 2nd in her class one day, and 3rd the other two days. She's starting to tone herself down in the ring (well a little bit, haha). The other dogs in her class were 3 years old, and she's not even 2 yet. She looked like a baby out there with the adult dogs. She looked lovely, and moves so pretty. She had her fans there, since we had several GSD club members at ring side. The breeder of her dam, and the breeder of her sire both ooo'ed and ahh'd over her. It was fun! Next year she'll be a lot more competitive.

Here's a fuzzy photo of her with my handler:

~ Diane ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page