• 1 Post By dogfaeries
  • 1 Post By selzer
  • 1 Post By Jenny720

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Deb
Knighted Member

The dog show world is awesome

Tuesday a young lady, Taylor Lane was murdered in her home along with her boyfriend and her Doberman, Audrey, was shot twice and severely wounded trying to defend her. They set up a Go Fund Me to help with funeral costs and for the veterinary fees for Audrey. The goal was 15,000. In one day it reached 32,000.

When I had my house fire the dog show world rallied to help me. It was around 1 am I think when they finally had the fire out and we left. We lost everything, including some of my dogs. At 8 am the next morning I got a call that a friend here in the states had worked with another in Europe and I had kennels, crate pads, toys, dog food and coop cups that would be there by the end of the day. And that was only the beginning of the help my dog show friends and family gave me.

Taylor grew up in the dog show world. And that world is truly a family as seen by the response. She showed Dobermans and often traveled with others to help show. She was only in her early twenties, the same as my two youngest. Her sister, Tara, shows often and some of you may have seen the sisters. It's heartbreaking when something like this happens, especially when you know them. I didn't personally know Taylor, but I've seen her at shows, always with a smile. RIP, Taylor.

Last edited by Castlemaid; 10-13-2016 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Removed link - no soliciting rule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 04:05 PM

I didn't know her, but recognized her when I saw the photos. The handlers have really rallied around her family. It's hard to believe something so awful could happen to her.
Deb likes this.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Crowned Member

How terribly sad. I hope they catch the people responsible. It is good that her friends and acquaintances in the dog world stepped up and helped her family and dog out. But it is still incredibly sad.
Deb likes this.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Deb
Knighted Member

Last edited by Castlemaid; Today at 04:40 PM. Reason: Removed link - no soliciting rule.

Sorry, didn't put it in there for solicitation but for people to be able to see her picture as I figured some would know her by sight but not possibly by name. They have more than reached the goal. Again, sorry, didn't mean it for soliciting more money.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:35 PM

I see photos of her all over FB, at shows, and it seems unreal.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Deb
Knighted Member

It really does. I'm glad it looks like her Doberman will hopefully recover.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Crowned Member

Such desperate people out there. I hope this person is caught that did this. I glad to see this family has much support. So sad-you truly never know how your day will start or end.
Deb likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page