Anybody gonna be at the Steel Valley Cluster? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Anybody gonna be at the Steel Valley Cluster?

The Steel Valley Cluster AkC Dog show will be August 2nd through the 5th of August. I go every year using my personal day. Anybody showing or going? The GSD Specailty is Friday night. I know Canfield Ohio in August is such an exciting destination but 4 days of dog shows and vendors. I still want to meet a Beaceron and see more Anatolians as well deehounds,corgis ok I just want to meet dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom View Post
The Steel Valley Cluster AkC Dog show will be August 2nd through the 5th of August. I go every year using my personal day. Anybody showing or going? The GSD Specailty is Friday night. I know Canfield Ohio in August is such an exciting destination but 4 days of dog shows and vendors. I still want to meet a Beaceron and see more Anatolians as well deehounds,corgis ok I just want to meet dogs.
I promised last night to enter the specialty in Rally, probably with Dolly. I would enter her for all three legs, but I don't think she is ready yet, so I am aiming for the classic in December with her. But I am going down on Friday, so maybe I will make it a day and enter Rally outside and inside in the evening. Not sure.

Do I want to waste $28 +gas or fifty something?

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Rally happens in the am and pm ? I usually go to conformation but have watched agility once or twice. Its a bit of a drive from you and its Canfield so you will either drown or bake or both!Ill be ther friday evening for the GSD Specailty. May make a trip earlier to see the Norwegian elkhounds show and hopefully meet some breeders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Crowned Member

In previous years it happened about 10am for Rally Novice. But, I like to get there early and watch Excellent and Advanced, usually about 8. Makes for a long day because we used to have to wait until everything was over to start our specialty. And that would mean usually 6:00PM to start stuff, and obedience and rally wouldn't get going until 7 or 8, and we would not be out of there until 10 or 11 and if we stopped to eat, we weren't home until after midnight.

I titled Milla and Ninja down there about three years ago. Jenna had just had puppies on the 26th of July, so I drove down, did Rally, and the drove back, took care of her, then drove down again to do the specialty rally leg. Long fun day.

It is about an hour south of me, so it is really not that far away. Straight shot all the way. Boring ride really, unless you are following one of my dog-club companions, then you are just praying that all the state boys are sleeping.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Good luck to you and Dolly !
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
I will be there I have an AmBred dog and possibly an AmBred bitch in the specialty

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeph View Post
I will be there I have an AmBred dog and possibly an AmBred bitch in the specialty
That's great. I plan to be there at the specailty.Hopefully Ill get to see you and your dogs show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page