sable gsd seiger - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

sable gsd seiger

i am new to the site and had a queston about seiger show can a sable gsd will seiger show or are they in there own class ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Crowned Member

if you are talking about the SV Sieger show , don't hold your breath -- they are all black and reds .
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Crowned Member

Carmen.....give me a chance, here in the USA.
I am trying to break through *again*....but with a sable , black or bi-color.....I might die trying though....
Sunsilver likes this.

Huerta Hof German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

....where breeding is still considered an art....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

They're not their own class, they compete against the black and reds, but since that is the favorite coat a sable barely stands a chance. Also doesn't help that sables are supposed to be lean and skinny and look like puppies next to big bad red and blacks.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhuerta View Post
Carmen.....give me a chance, here in the USA.
I am trying to break through *again*....but with a sable , black or bi-color.....I might die trying though....
You can do it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, Mar 19, 2011

Prince vom Gildaf "Charles" August 16, 2012
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Crowned Member

Wasn't Timo VA2? And David Plank is campaigning his sable Waiko for a VA rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
They're not their own class, they compete against the black and reds, but since that is the favorite coat a sable barely stands a chance. Also doesn't help that sables are supposed to be lean and skinny and look like puppies next to big bad red and blacks.
I really don't think show line sables are as stigmatized as people think. There just aren't that many show line sables, and there aren't many VA dogs let alone the Sieger so it stands to reason that with such a small percentage of dogs, the Sieger isn't going to be sable.

I've personally seen several sable dogs, both working lines and show lines, win their classes at SV shows. I've seen a lot of crap go on at shows but don't recall ever feeling a dog was denied a placement *because* it was sable. Margit van Dorssen's "Arlett" kennel has had several successful sable dogs.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Crowned Member

I want to break through with a 1/2 WL & 1/2 SL dog into the VA group.....
If I can win a *Protection Award* also.....it will make all the difference in the world.
I plan on showing and competing with my WL sable female in next years Sieger Show....I want to work hard for a good V placing and an award for bite-work..... I realize my goals are high...but without goals......I'm just another GSD breeder, and my life is missing some "meaning" for me.
*I know.....I sound crazy.*

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Knighted Member

I'm rooting for you Robin!! (not that that is worth anything, LOL)
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Crowned Member

Not crazy, Robin, just motivated! Hey if you have any progeny you want shown, my next purchase will be a "show" dog (doesn't have to be 100% show, just a show line type that I can have fun showing)...
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Crowned Member

You tell me "when"...and I'll make sure that it is a *special* one......you and Carlos can make the decision.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page