Stupid UKC question - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Stupid UKC question

I thought I had it all figured out for our first UKC show in a couple months but......is Best of Winners the same thing as Best Of Breed????

Where does Best of Breed fit in? I know there are zero points but I am a bit confused! I am thinking Best of Winners is automatically awarded Best Of Breed, correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Crowned Member

I (think) that best of winners is like the best of breed, but the opposite sex. But I could be wrong, so hopefully someone who knows for sure will be coming along soon.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Crowned Member

Best of Winners would be the top class dog (not CH or GRCH). If you win your age class you get First Place. If you beat the others of your sex you are Best Male/Female. If you beat the winner of the opposite sex you are Best of Winners (and as long as you beat competition this gets you one of your wins for CH). The opposite sex would be Reserve Best of Winners. The Best of Breed will be between the Best of Winners, Champion, and Grand Champion. I don't know AKC so I'm not sure if that is equivalent (Winner's Dog/Bitch???), does that help?

Last edited by Liesje; 09-21-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 PM
"I like Daffy" Moderator

If it is like AKC, then Best of Winners is given to the judge's choice between the Winners Dog and the Winners Bitch. Best of Breed cometition includes the champions. There would be Best of Breed and Best of Opposite Sex to the Best of Breed.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys! Duh..I forgot about the Champions and Grand Champions!!! Now it makes sense!!! Not that I even have to worry about that.....I just hope I can get her to stand stacked and actually move in a direction close to me!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaka View Post
If it is like AKC, then Best of Winners is given to the judge's choice between the Winners Dog and the Winners Bitch.
Yeah, I think this is it. And we call Winners Dog and Bitch the Best Male and Best Female.

It goes like this....Pan is 13 months so he'd be in the 12-24 month class. So say he wins it, he gets First Place. Then he goes up against the male winners of the other age classes and if he wins that, he's the Best Male. The he goes up against the female winner (Best Female) of the classes and if he wins that he's Best of Winners. Now the Champions show and then the Grand Champions. Pan would then go into the Best of Breed with the Champion and Grand Champion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page