Dryers you suggest? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to VaBeachFamily Send a message via Yahoo to VaBeachFamily
Dryers you suggest?

I take Cullen to a place locally to do the self-service dog wash. It only costs $10 and they have an array of shampoos, conditioners, combs, rakers, etc. I LOVE the way he looks after being blow dried, and it reduces shedding. We are going to be looking into showing starting this year ( I know, he's too old for puppy class, so he's going to be the one that looks like he has NO clue, me too!!!) and looking for something affordable. So far, Metro/Metra whatever it's called is the best price... What do you suggest for affordability and funtionality for large dogs?

~Kristi in Virginia Beach
Mommy to my 8 year old son... and

~ Cullen Vom Sandstranden, Purebred GSD, Black/Red Male : 12/16/09

~ Panzer Vom Sandstranden, Purebred GSD, Sable Female : 11/29/10

~ Gizmo , Amstaff, Brindle/White Female : 5/5/2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 10:07 PM

I use the Metro 4.0 hp. (the orange one) They make another 4.0 hp model (the black one) I wouldn't recomend, the hose is heavy duty but VERY stiff to work with. The hose on the orange model is flexiable and lighter.

Judy Sheaffer
Reba CD TDI Rescue / Bridge
Caramist Ramblin Red Sage UD CGC / Bridge
PAM Alkarah's Havoc of Hollabird CD RAE PT MXP AJP OFP TC / Bridge
Kenlyn's Red Hot Chili Pepper CD RA NA NJ NF
Kaleef Monarch's Thunderstruck
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Crowned Member

I think I'd want to spend that $10 and keep the mess at the self serve dog wash. Unless you could hook up the works outside.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to VaBeachFamily Send a message via Yahoo to VaBeachFamily
Oh, I will continue to use the dog wash, but I would like to have one myself for when we travel to shows or go to shows and he needs grooming away from home. Also, we are going to be moving this summer and won't have this particular option at this place anymore!!!!

I will look into that particular model. I am trying to keep a lil money saved, so trying to not spend TOO much, have checked used, but nowhere to look!

~Kristi in Virginia Beach
Mommy to my 8 year old son... and

~ Cullen Vom Sandstranden, Purebred GSD, Black/Red Male : 12/16/09

~ Panzer Vom Sandstranden, Purebred GSD, Sable Female : 11/29/10

~ Gizmo , Amstaff, Brindle/White Female : 5/5/2000
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
"I like Daffy" Moderator

I like the Metro 2 speed. I have had mine for 20+ years and have had no trouble with it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Knighted Member

Only $10.00 what a deal. My friend took her sheltie to one and it cost her $25.00. I have not tried one yet, but I like the idea of making a mess and just walking away from it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Elite Member

Metros are great - they last forever! Get the most powerful one you can, as it will cut down drying time and help get the hair out. I would suggest avoiding the Double K dryers, mine didn't even last 2 years and I didn't use it much.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledon View Post
Only $10.00 what a deal. My friend took her sheltie to one and it cost her $25.00. I have not tried one yet, but I like the idea of making a mess and just walking away from it.
If you find a decent one, please let me know!
The ones I've found in the Toronto area all charge a different price for each size of dog, which makes no sense at all... It's the same sink!! Grr!! LOL
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Crowned Member

A lot of Petco's also have the self-serve wash option. We have taken our dogs there and I think it's $12 per dog.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page