Sieger Show? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
Sieger Show?

Is anybody watching it? How was the protection work this year?

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Crowned Member

I've only seen a few videos and a bunch of pics but so far looks like SSDD *yawn*
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
Darn

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Crowned Member

If the dogs are basically the same dogs and derivatives of the same dogs as last year.....kinda hard for the result to be different unless they make the exercise easier or harder. You know kinda like the definition of insanity....doing something same way with same dogs and expect a different result. Hopefully, they had more dogs like Javir, but more importantly they are starting to breed to dogs like Javir and then you will see the improvement that many are seeking.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Knighted Member

Basically the same dogs, and Javir wasn't there to demonstrate how it should be done. In the results I checked, I saw no WL dogs. Not to say they weren't there, I just didn't see any. There really isn't any point in them being there, they aren't going to finish anywhere near the top, and aren't going to be appreciated by the showline afficionados....... as far as improvement coming from breeding to dogs like Javir - I think that is debatable. The split happened over 30 years ago, and I think it is going to take more then a few breedings to get back the quality which existed in the early 70's. If we ever do, and I'm not hopeful of that - there is just too much money to be made from the show type GSD's. (Some of which BTW CAN do the work - but they aren't the ones being promoted.) In another post someone (I think it was Vandal) suggested that the protection exercise should be dropped entirely from the Sieger show - I agree, it is so poorly executed by so many of the dogs exhibited that it really is redundant.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Crowned Member

There is no other way to improve the performance aspect of these dogs unless new genetic blood is brought in. How much you want to improve it depends on what you do after bringing new blood in. You can continue to strengthen working capabilities or you can go back to the closed genetics you have now in which case, the original breeding to Javir won't have much effect. Simply up to the breeder, but I agree with money being a catalyst, then that will be a diffcult objective.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Crowned Member

I don't think it is going to change. Why? Because no one cares, at least no one that counts. And why would they? Why do so much more when everyone gets an easy pass anyway? I'm not condoning it, not at all, but I just don't think there really is any movement to change anything, not when there are still waiting lists for litters.

The titling is simply a means to an end. I've seen dogs sent to Germany for "titling" come back a few months later with SchH1 or better and not be able to do a sit without leash pressure, not engage a helper at all, won't track if a bloody steak was dragged across the ground. Obviously something *was* done because if you tell the dog to out the dog, the dog leaps back from the helper into a platz and nervously glances around waiting for a correction. But the "title" gets them the Breed Survery and "working class" V rating so the dog can be bred per SV rules and per some arbitrary standard of what makes a German shepherd breedable and correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page