Vegas Sieger again in 2009 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Vegas Sieger again in 2009

And his daughter made Siegerin. Jenna's pups are out of his son. I really like this dog (the son). The daughter was linebred closely on Bax, does anyone know the Bax's strong and weak points.

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:47 AM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Re: Vegas Sieger again in 2009

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum.../Main/4754986/ has pictures too..

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Crowned Member

Such great bitework this year! Great examples of the breed! *sarcasm*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10-bn34-2fE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Knighted Member

LOL, I agree Liesje! The BSZS is about money and politics. That should come as no surprise to anyone. The SV talks about change, but very little happens. (Check out the hideous broken topline on the Youth Sieger.) It is controlled by a group of powerful (show) breeders, and that is likely to remain for the foreseeable future. It is absolutely no good looking to this organization and saying " the SV says so-and-so is great" so it must be so. Personally I think the breed would be much better served by having the Sieger show become more of a Universal Sieger competition.... some working lines could improve their conformation (Javir von Talka Marda is KKl1, so it can be done), and the Schutzdienst should be judged at the same level as at the BSP, not the sham they have at the BSZS. If this were the case, you might see a very different type of dog with the Sieger title, one that was closer to the dogs that were winning in the early 70's before the split into working and show occurred. I no longer pay any attention to what comes out of the BSZS, I watch the BSP and the WUSV Weltmeisterschaft where a dog actually has to achieve something to get to the top.

Anja GSD
Conor GSD - adopted from this Board
Blue GSD - waiting at the Bridge
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Knighted Member

BTW, if anyone wants to see what a REAL courage test looks like, here is a link from the 2007 WUSV championship"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql_9s8KArXM

Anja GSD
Conor GSD - adopted from this Board
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Anja1Blue LOL, I agree Liesje! The BSZS is about money and politics. That should come as no surprise to anyone. The SV talks about change, but very little happens. (Check out the hideous broken topline on the Youth Sieger.) It is controlled by a group of powerful (show) breeders, and that is likely to remain for the foreseeable future. It is absolutely no good looking to this organization and saying " the SV says so-and-so is great" so it must be so. Personally I think the breed would be much better served by having the Sieger show become more of a Universal Sieger competition.... some working lines could improve their conformation (Javir von Talka Marda is KKl1, so it can be done), and the Schutzdienst should be judged at the same level as at the BSP, not the sham they have at the BSZS. If this were the case, you might see a very different type of dog with the Sieger title, one that was closer to the dogs that were winning in the early 70's before the split into working and show occurred. I no longer pay any attention to what comes out of the BSZS, I watch the BSP and the WUSV Weltmeisterschaft where a dog actually has to achieve something to get to the top.
Maybe the only way to salvage it is make the Schutzdients a FULL TRIAL. And no second and third tries!!!

Javir is a beautiful dog in every way. Even for show I would take him over Vegas any day.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Knighted Member

Yes, absolutely! He isn't in the video I posted above, but many good dogs are - and there is a video on YouTube somewhere of his BSP routine.....

Anja GSD
Conor GSD -adopted from this Board
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I did not see Vegas' bite work video in there. It was my understanding that a dog that did not pass the protection was not rated.

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Crowned Member

Vegas passed, as far as their show standards...
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Ok, I saw his bitework in 2008 and it was fine. I saw Xara in 2005, she took siegerin in 2006 and that looked good too. I also see that Ghazie Von Aurelius took SG2 in young females. This is Gispo's sister.

I like the German showlines, and am perfectly happy with the bitework from Vegas and Xara. I scanned some of those u-tubes and found some appauling working line dogs' bitework too. Out of thousands of dogs, this video shows four dogs. As they are in order, I suppose it could be typical, but the focus for these dogs has been show, not schutzhund.

I would hope that these dogs in this clipped failed their test. It is more than the American lines do. To be Grand Victor and Grand Victrix.

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page