UKC opinion - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

UKC opinion

There's 5 UKC shows this weekend and I could potentially make as many as 4. Since I haven't entered yet, it would be $25/show. I'm thinking of showing Nikon, maybe just one day for 2 shows. However his ears are still recovering from bug bites, and he blew all his coat. If this were an SV type show I wouldn't care. Being out of coat might knock him back a few places and be mentioned in the critique but won't actually cost him a "rating". How do the UKC judges look at those types of things? If it's not even worth showing him then I won't waste my time and money, but he hasn't been in a UKC show since he was NLC puppy and I want to start earting his points.

This is what he looked like Sunday as far as his coat being out (he's still shiny but the coat is just so flat, not even worth trying to fluff up)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Knighted Member

Re: UKC opinion

He looks great, enter him.

CGC Evaluator/ Free testing for Rescue dogs

Klenien Hain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

U-CD Nomex vom Gebirgshaus SAR,BH,TD-2,VCD2,RAE,CDX,MXJ,AX,VER,NAP,NJP,CGC ( Retired )
Enzo z Blitz vom Kleinen Hain CGC NA,NAJ,OA,OAJ,AX,BN,CD
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style='font-family: Century Gothic'>I've been thinking about it all morning, in regards to I kind of want to do it now. Maybe Sunday because we don't HAVE to visit Joe's parents then we could do it another weekend... I'm glad you asked about the ear thing; I am curious to see what people say since Schumi's are like that too.</span></span>

Becky

Mom to ~ Alta-Tollhaus Schumi BH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Becky I think if I go I'll do the two Sunday shows. I don't really want to go two days in a row (especially with club on Friday). Maybe we can ask what Carole thinks..... b/c I forgot about Nikon's limp, which comes and goes.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to GranvilleGSD

Did you end up going? I don't think it matters in a UKC show, although I guess it depends on the judge. They really emphasize minimal grooming necessary, etc. I took Izzy to a show as an extra dog to help my friend try to finish her male. She had blown coat, and was filthy, I hadn't bothered to give her a bath since I decided to go to the show about 20 minutes before hand. Figures, my filthy girl took BOB in both shows and placed in groups!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Crowned Member

this thread was from the show "results"

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page