7 Month Old HD Diagnosed. Just gathering some info/ opinions - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

7 Month Old HD Diagnosed. Just gathering some info/ opinions

Hello there,

So I have poured over every thread I could find about young pups with hip dysplasia as I had a feeling I was going to get bad news.

My beautiful, sweet rescue puppy of 7 months that I have only had for 2 months was diagnosed with HD today in both hips.

I found out because I could feel a clicking in his right hip when he sat or walked and a very loud pop sound sometimes when he sat He once slipped and cried out while playing tug and could not rise for a few seconds. I was about to rush to the emergency vet when he got up and carried on playing like normal. Looking back I believe his hip dislocated This is the only time he has EVER expressed any pain vocally.

He does not bunny hop (as far as I can tell) runs, plays, jumps, is energetic, doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. He even loves to roll in the grass and stretch his back legs out super far for tummy tickles in the sunshine. You would swear nothing was wrong, except he won't sit straight and he pops. I am so scared he is in pain and just is not showing it.

I have some decisions to make and wanted to post his xrays from today to see what people think. Last shot was the best I am just posting all 3 from the session. I will go the surgical route if it will give him the best life. I am going to see an ortho vet as soon as I can for a consultation.

Thanks for your time.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:31 PM

I hope the Ortho vet can give you some good news, please keep us posted🙏🐶
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page