X-rays tomorrow, so nervous. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

X-rays tomorrow, so nervous.

Hey guys, Cash goes in for his Xrays tomorrow, and I'm feeling very nervous about them. He hasn't shown any discomfort, but I worry that maybe I pushed him too hard with the jumping and high impact stuff we've done. He comes from a very reputable breeder who Xrays and health tests all her stock. He's also never been under anesthetic before so I'm hoping there's no complications there. This is my first show/performance dog and the first dog I've ever had X-rays done on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Elite Member

Sending good thoughts and calming waves. Let us know how he does s
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Elite Member

Hope all goes well. Positive thoughts here for you and your pup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I've taken some rescue remedy as he's feeling in tune with my emotions(as most shepherd are) and he could tell I was agitated about something. He's 5 do I have a good chance of getting a good rating? Or because he's older will his joints look different then when he was 2?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Crowned Member

Can't say, but don't you think that if they were good at two, they will be good at five.. Sending positive thought to you!

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Yes I guess so, it's all so new to me. I was thinking of all the high impact stuff affecting his joints as he gets older? I don't know it was just a thought. I'm paranoid. Will keep everyone posted thanks!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Ok here they are!! For some reason the one elbow is a lot brighter in the picture I think because it was higher up when I went to take the picture that my phone caught the light wrong. I will try to take another one later, but from what I see they both look very similar. X-rays tomorrow, so nervous.-imageuploadedbypg-free1416502816.574779.jpgX-rays tomorrow, so nervous.-imageuploadedbypg-free1416502832.732559.jpgX-rays tomorrow, so nervous.-imageuploadedbypg-free1416502854.287773.jpg any thoughts appreciated! It took them almost two hours and my poor boy is still really out of it. I will be sending them to OFA but I want to show them to my breeder tomorrow first.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Master Member

The alignment on the hips is off but he does not have dysplasia. The femoral head and joint space looks normal to me. I couldn't tell you what the OFA rating would be since I'm not a radiologist! My father is one for humans, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimeju View Post
The alignment on the hips is off but he does not have dysplasia. The femoral head and joint space looks normal to me. I couldn't tell you what the OFA rating would be since I'm not a radiologist! My father is one for humans, though.

Thank you for replying. Can you explain how the alignment is off? I have been looking at X-rays and haven't seen that come up in any of the ones I've looked at. How do you tell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page