Question about this picture. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Question about this picture.

This is not my picture, someone posted it on Facebook. If I am not allowed to share it please delete this post.

I had a question about the picture. Someone posted it and more than one person commented on getting the hips checked. I am not sure what they see in it that make them say that. Someone said he looked roach backed, I don't see that. Does anyone else she what they are talking about? Am I missing something?
Question about this picture.-imageuploadedbypg-free1385617517.341937.jpg

Again if this is against the rules please remove it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Kolt Ammo Vom Geschenk "Ammo"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ammo Spikey Dog Brinx "Brinx"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Banned

They must have X-ray vision or something haha. To me it doesn't look out of place at all.

I am not a vet though.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Knighted Member

Might not be against the rules but it seems wrong to take someone's picture and post it here without their knowledge.
If it were of my dog I'd be super ticked.

Linda
Amari's Gunner 9/14/08

Buddy (kitty) 8/15/07
Nikki (Polydactyl kitty) 6/15/07

~ I reject your reality and substitute my own ~ Adam Savage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDGunner View Post
Might not be against the rules but it seems wrong to take someone's picture and post it here without their knowledge.
Why? I'm very curious.

My theory is, if you don't want anyone to see/use/share your photos/stories/videos etc, don't put them on the interweb for everyone and their mother to see.

Once you upload something to the internet you lose any privacy you may feel "granted" too. And this is coming from a photographer.

But like I said. I'm curious why you'd be mad that someone is seeking more knowledge based off an image.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
Why? I'm very curious.

My theory is, if you don't want anyone to see/use/share your photos/stories/videos etc, don't put them on the interweb for everyone and their mother to see.

Once you upload something to the internet you lose any privacy you may feel "granted" too. And this is coming from a photographer.

But like I said. I'm curious why you'd be mad that someone is seeking more knowledge based off an image.

Because this picture wasn't posted with a "oh, what a gorgeous dog" caption. It was posted as an example of a supposed roach back. What if this person is a member here?
This person didn't ask for anyone to critique their dogs hips/back etc and I just don't see how anyone has a right to do so.
I don't think people should copy other peoples pictures and post them on a public forum for all to critique.

I wouldn't want someone to take my personal photo and critique MY dog without my knowledge.
That's what's wrong with the internet these days. Everyone think it entitles them to whatever they want.
Maybe it's just me and that's fine. If so...carry on.

Linda
Amari's Gunner 9/14/08

Buddy (kitty) 8/15/07

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
I doubt they are too mad. They were trying to sale the dog off to the highest bidder.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Because this picture wasn't posted with a "oh, what a gorgeous dog" caption. It was posted as an example of a supposed roach back. What if this person is a member here?
This person didn't ask for anyone to critique their dogs hips/back etc and I just don't see how anyone has a right to do so.
I don't think people should copy other peoples pictures and post them on a public forum for all to critique.

I wouldn't want someone to take my personal photo and critique MY dog without my knowledge.
That's what's wrong with the internet these days. Everyone think it entitles them to whatever they want.
Maybe it's just me and that's fine. If so...carry on.
I'm sorry I have upset you with this post. I think the dog is gorgeous which is why I was so puzzled by what others where saying. I'm not asking for a critique of the dog, I'm just trying to figure out what the others were talking about.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
GSDGunner. I couldn't agree more with you. You don't know how many times my photos have been duplicated and redone as someone else's.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to stop that. All my images are copyrighted and imbedded with metadata. But that doesn't stop anyone from cropping and resaving.

That doesn't make it right though.

As for the OP, he wasn't bashing anyone. Not that I saw. He wanted to hear thoughts from a forum who is dedicated to this breed and would have more knowledge on the topic. I don't see anything wrong with that.

However I believe it is against forum policy to post other peoples photos, I think it has to be linked to the original.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUbrat79 View Post
I'm sorry I have upset you with this post. I think the dog is gorgeous which is why I was so puzzled by what others where saying. I'm not asking for a critique of the dog, I'm just trying to figure out what the others were talking about.
I'm not upset.
You may not have been asking for a critique but I'm sure that's what will happen. That's what people will do whether you asked or not.

I just find it maddening that people take other peoples photos and post them in a public forum. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Linda
Amari's Gunner 9/14/08

Buddy (kitty) 8/15/07

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
I'm not upset.
You may not have been asking for a critique but I'm sure that's what will happen. That's what people will do whether you asked or not.

I just find it maddening that people take other peoples photos and post them in a public forum. Just doesn't sit well with me.
I really didn't mean to upset anyone. I honestly figured since they were posting the picture to sale the dog they wouldn't mind. I would have ask but the post was removed because selling dogs it that group wasn't allowed and I don't know who the person was that posted it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page