Easton's x-rays with pano - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Question Easton's x-rays with pano

Easton was showing some strange symptoms, and came up that he had Pano. So I didn't like the way he was limping, and had them do some shots on his hips. Good news, I was in fear he had HD, and it came back confirmed Pano. Bad news is as you will see, it is in both hips, and femurs. To make sure we took a whole Femur shot.

What are your thoughts on his hips. Easton will be ten months on the Aug 10. He is 87lbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullpelvis.jpg
Views:	1521
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	98914   Click image for larger version

Name:	femur.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	98922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Easton pelvis.jpg
Views:	1804
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	98930  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

anyone? lots of people looked in but no thoughts lol. do you think there is any HD or just Pano?

Looking to have these sent to OFA also for their thoughts. Will repeat x rays in a month to see if any changes to verify with breeder.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:05 AM

I don't know, I think your right looks kinda like my left...but this is all new to me LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

It is not looking like HD to me......actually they look pretty good but I am not a radiologist.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Crowned Member

No advice on hips, but want to share some thoughts on Pano, in case it helps.

When mine went through it 10 years ago, a holistic vet treated it very effectively with nutritional supplements instead of NSAIDs: fish oil, Ester-C, Glucosamine/Chondrotin/MSM (all human-grade). It takes about a week for them to kick in, but they shortened the duration and severity in each leg quite a bit and my dog continued to be active and playful. Good luck!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

thank you Magwart... I have started him on high levels of glucosamine chondroitin sulf human grade. In fact I started to give him mine that I order from Andrew Lessmen. lol don't laugh, his products really are very high quality and work.

I had two of the vets at the Hospital and the Radiologist look at them and they all said it was pano. This is tuff because he is really bad in his hind legs. he will run maybe twice before laying down with the ball, his run with back legs don't really extend. His trot is full though. Just scary because after, I can tell he is really soar, plus he still doesn't eat like he did before this all set in.
I do feed raw though. How do I send these to the OFA?

Thank you, and anyone that has experience with HD or x rays please feel free to chime in, also pano. could use all the help I can get.

Thank you all
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Crowned Member

No advice on the x-rays but you can give him Arnica for the pain. There is also a great anti-inflammatory called Tasha's Herbsperin that BNaturals sells. Only Natural Pet also has Get up and Go which works well too.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

any options one Eastons hips? I took him back to the vet, they added toradal along with anti inflam pills to help with the pain. we don't want to give preg.

how do I submit these to the OFA
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltleo View Post
any options one Eastons hips? I took him back to the vet, they added toradal along with anti inflam pills to help with the pain. we don't want to give preg.

how do I submit these to the OFA
There is a form on OFFA.org. There is a section for hip dysplasia. Fill out that form, your vet will have to sign as well.
Then mail that form along with the copies of Easton's X-rays to the address listed on the form. They normally mail results back to you in about a month
I can't comment on his hips because I am no expert, but I hope this helps otherwise!

PS...sorry haven't responded to your email, been under the weather.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Not a problem. Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure your baby is all over you. Even Easton just knows when I'm upset and he will not leave me be at those times lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page