Good vets in Ohio to do OFA x-rays? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Good vets in Ohio to do OFA x-rays?

My vet is mediocre at best when it comes to this. I would like to find someone who does these x-rays on a regular basis. I would prefer not to put her under for the x-rays. I would be willing to travel all over Ohio for the right vet. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Crowned Member

Up near Cleveland - Dr. Hutchinson....Northridge Animal Hospital...they have done a couple of mine and they are always done RIGHT!!!! He will review films with you and he is usually right on about the rating. I think they slightly sedate, but not under totally

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 09:01 AM

I second North Ridge Animal Hospital. They are in Madison, Ohio which is about an hour east of Cleveland.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Thank you both for the suggestion I will defiantly look into them. A good x-ray done correctly is worth the drive.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Crowned Member

I think Dr. Hutchison is out of Animal Clinic Northview in North Ridgeville. I have used him, he is good.

North Ridge Animal Hospital in Madison, I think is Dr. Falkner. Last time I inquired, they were not doing OFAs anymore due to their x-ray capability.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 02:37 AM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
Ross, where in OH are you located?

I'm in Western PA and go to a vet in Delmont. Reasonably priced, got BEAUTIFUL films. Dog went OFA excellent

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

I'm located in Columbus but I am willing to drive the distance for a vet that knows how to film them. Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone heard of a doctor in Troy Ohio that does them?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Crowned Member

Last OFAs I did, East Suburban in Murraysville....vet there who is a GSD breeder....I used Hutchinson for OFAs before that....

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross4545 View Post
Thank you both for the suggestion I will defiantly look into them. A good x-ray done correctly is worth the drive.
That is an understandment.

We use an excellent vet that is one of the best in positioning. We drive to get to her. Her hip xrays are straight, knees straight forward and correct. Elbows are positioned correctly and not hyper extended, like a lot of vets do.

Even if she does a quick shot for prelims or just FYI, she does it just as if the xrays were giong into OFA or to Germany. That is professional

I have seen posted examples prelims or just FYI shots that are fuzzy, off kilter and postioning is all over the board.

Multiple people in our area had to have new ones done at our vet, due to their vet's bad positioning, as well as blurry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross4545 View Post
I'm wondering where you ended up going for your xray and if you were pleased. I live just east of Columbus and have a 5 1/2 month old GSD. I am concerned about her hips and when the time comes, I want to feel confident in where I have hers done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page