Muscle wasting "solution" - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Muscle wasting "solution"

I was going over an old thread in this section where someone mentioned that their 10 yo was loosing muscle mass in the hindquarters. I thought I'd share a tip I got from the chiropractor..

He indicated this was due to the back problems and that a massage working down the spine toward the hips would help as would massaging the hind legs themselves. It really does help Barker the Elder a lot so I thought I'd pass it on. So does, of course, the chiropractic. Since we stopped by early yesterday morning, she has had not one fecal incontenence issue in the house, enjoyed visiting the horse (she always enjoys visiting the horse!), and happily walked completely around one block. This is good. She has had days when we don't get around that block.

The light massage you can do yourself. The price is right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 04:40 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Muscle wasting "solution"

That's a great tip.

To support the muscles and the immune system, whey protein, or the similar products can also be fed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Elite Member

Re: Muscle wasting "solution"

Mas has muscle loss in his hindend (wonder if that was one of my posts you were refering to). His vet highly recommends massage therapy and showed me how to do it. I agree that it is quite effective.

2 weeks ago the vet tried tried a technique (new to me) Theraputic Ultrasound. We go back for a second treatment this afternoon. Only downfall is that he had to shave a significant portion of Mas's thigh for the ultrasound to be effective

I am also going to ask for a referal for chiro while I am there.

~Damasio♥ April 1997~

~Heinrich♥ May 1999~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page