Enschi Goes To The Vet - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Enschi Goes To The Vet

Well, I took my 10 year old female foster to the vet yesterday for her "new to rescue" vet check. Her hips look great, she has arthritis in both back stifles and she is now on a gloucosomine supplement. I also had him do a blood draw, just to make sure everything is working as well as it should on the inside.
Enschi was a big hit with all the staff in the office. At one point the tech called kennel workers in to see what a great GSD looks and acts like.
I love, love, love this dog. She will be very hard to give up. In fact, if the perfect home isn't found, she will stay here with us.
As it turns out, she is a fairly famous dog. V1 here in the USA, is a sch3., and is very much a piece of GSD history. I knew she was special! She certainly acts like she knows she is a queen.
She has been great with my cats. She has perfect house manners. She is just awesome.
Sheilah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Elite Member

Re: Enschi Goes To The Vet

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, lets hope that she gets to stay with you! it sounds like you would treat her like the queen that she obviously is.

I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who im not. An old shoshoni saying about loosing someone you love, MY HEART IS ON THE GROUND, NOW I MUST PICK IT UP AND MOVE ON
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Crowned Member

Is that Janis's dog?

Betty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Wow, I saw Enschi was going to Idaho, but I had no idea you got her! What an awesome girl - hope you get to keep her!

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Yes! She was co-owned by Janis and lived with her. This is a very special dog.
Sheilah
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Elite Member

You brought her up from California? I was seriously considering adopting her in November; the only drawback I had was the possibility of her and my female (also spayed) not getting along.

Congratulations; hope you get to keep her - she sounded like an AWESOME dog!!!

Mocha's Royal Misha, CGC - June 2005
Chaos vom Haus Wilton, CGC - September 2007

Heidi, GSD - RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Natasha, GSD - RIP

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I was contacted late last month by someone local to me, who had been alerted to Enschi's need for placement. As luck would have it, I currently have no female dogs and was able to offer her a place. Enschi does not share her living space with other females, but that is honestly her only issue. For a 10 year old dog she is in amazing shape.
You know, the thing is that having her here has reinforced my love of the breed. I have been so burned out with my own young dog, trying to deal with his sometimes over-the-top behavior and some health issues. Add to that dealing with so many needy dogs in rescue and their idiot "owners".
But being able to help a dog like Enschi is what it is all about. The people in her life have done right by her every step of the way and it shows. And living with her, knowing that she must have had a high drive to be so successful, gives me hope for my Tanner. It might seem like he is a bottomless pit of energy, but that if I keep working with him and challenging him we should be okay. I guess she has reminded me that we get back what we have put in. I needed to be reminded of that.
And I really like having her around. I lost my own senior girl over 2 years ago. My husband always said that he knew which bathroom I was in by which door my old girl was lying in front of. Well, Enschi is like that. In this sea of male-ness that I live in (all these male dogs, and the male cats and then my two sons and husband), it is nice to have another girl in the house.
Sheilah
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Crowned Member

Sounds like a wonderful placement!

Betty

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: sit,stay...Enschi does not share her living space with other females, but that is honestly her only issue...
Sheilah, you posting this actually makes me feel better! I went with my "gut feeling" on not bringing Enschi here; I was concerned that I would get her here and then Misha and her would not get along at all. Her owner said they *might* get along and it would not have been fair to either of them to have to keep them crated or separated at all times. I am so very glad she is in a safe place with you~

Mocha's Royal Misha, CGC - June 2005
Chaos vom Haus Wilton, CGC - September 2007

Heidi, GSD - RIP

Natasha, GSD - RIP

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Crowned Member

God bless you for taking Enschi!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 4 females - no way could I take on one who DESERVES to have the big pillow bed in the middle of the living room!!!!! I hope she stays forever with you as she obviously loves you and has adjusted already.

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page