German Shepherds Forum banner

She loved the chiropractor

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Momto2GSDs 
#1 · (Edited)
My girl went to the chiropractor today. She was happy and relaxed during the appt. Which was good because she gets stressed at the vet but this didn't look or smell like a regular vet. This vet does mostly horses and only chiro for dogs so none of the typical "dog vet" stuff.

My husband and I can both tell a difference in her! Nothing miraculous but she is definitely moving a little more freely and she has been fiesty and happy all afternoon.

Also, I stopped and got her ice cream on the way home.

I am no longer seeing that hitch in her step on the end end. So as far as I am concerned any time you get any improvement in a dog this age it's a win. Hard to get anything back once it goes.

#5 ·
Luc used to go the chiro (his mobility is impacted by something chiro can't help though, so we don't see good results) and unlike the vet (where he is a nervous wreck) he liked it as well.

Neb had his SI joint torqued and his something else off and had chiro for it and loved it. Made all the difference. Our old vet was like 'Nothing's wrong' when he didn't limp at the vet (it was off and on) so I took him to chiro and sure enough...

(Now we go to a great vet)

#6 ·
She used to go to a chiropractor when she was young and she loved it then too.

The vet said her joints felt great for her age which I have heard before from her regular vet.

Whatever I can do to help her continue to age gracefully will be great. I know she still wants to do stuff and enjoys doing anything I make time to do with her, so anything we can do to keep her limber enough to enjoy doing stuff...I will do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.