German Shepherds Forum banner

Kayos Has Cancer

11K views 52 replies 46 participants last post by  Stevenzachsmom 
#1 ·
Anal gland adenocarcinoma.

We found a mass on her back end when cleaning her up after a diarrhea episode on Monday so perhaps we got this early. The needle biopsy results just came back late yesterday afternoon so we have not had much time to do much other than talk about it.

We will see an oncologist and have an ultrasound done to see if the cancer is anywhere else. This is for me.

We will not treat this with anything other than palliative care. If Kayos were a year or two younger we would fight this aggressively. But she will be 12 years and 9 months on Sunday. She has HD and ED and is already having difficulty getting up and down sometimes. She would have been gone already if we had not replaced her right hip 7 years ago. She is wearing a harness to help us help her. We were already aware we would probably lose her soon. So we are not going to put an old lady through surgery and all the other stuff. It would be too hard to recover for her, if she recovered at all.

Kayos is my heart dog, I would love to fight a great fight with her and beat this but it would be to her detriment. It will be really hard to let her go.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Old german shepherd dog Dog breed

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.