Canine Angels - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Canine Angels

I just wanted to mention a product that I found useful with our first dog as he aged. Max, our yellow Lab, was about five when he came to us and had calluses on his elbows. I tried different things, and he did grow some hair in those areas, but the calluses never really went away. He lived to be almost fourteen and in the last year or two of his life, the skin started breaking down on his elbows to the point where it almost looked like raw meat. I found a product online called "Canine Angels" that were padded elbow protectors and ordered some for Max and they were wonderful. It was kind of cute, it actually looked like he was wearing a pair of shorts, but the main thing is, it did the job! His elbows healed up and stayed healed up for the rest of his life. Our vet was amazed because he had seen Max's elbows before and said this was a problem with old dogs and there really wasn't much that could be done about it.

I am sure that are other companies that make similar products. I think elbow protectors can also be used sometimes to protect a surgical site or an injury, not just for senior dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 09:19 PM
Crowned Member

That is wonderful news! Those elbow sores can be so difficult to heal. I looked on their website Welcome to Canine Angels, Inc! Slip-on, Protective Elbow Pads and our Leave On Lift for your dog's comfort and protection! and they also make a canine lift.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page