Cremation - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Cremation

Does anyone know an approximate cost on having your dog cremated, I would love to have Niko cremated when he passes(hopefully it will be a long time from now)

APRIL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NIKO-9-12-02
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12-17-13

GUNNER-11-07-13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 AM

Jonah's was $200 for euthanasia and private cremation with a nice wooden box.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Elite Member

depends on your location, and where you go, around here its $250 to $350, depends on how much your vet wants to mark it up, me being who I am, i question the private cremation, but I happen to know the gal thats does this in the area

Max Von barkstoomuch, T.D.Inc, EPI Survivor, Bloat Survivor
Heidi Von affraidofpeople
Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Crowned Member

It depends on the vet and the size of the dog. My 120 pound lab was a little more then $400.00, but he is home with all of us, where he belongs. My dad just paid like $150.00 for a rabbit. I probably would not have done that, but he had 4 sets of little eyes(my nieces/nephew) begging him.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for responding

APRIL

NIKO-9-12-02
12-17-13

GUNNER-11-07-13
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Elite Member

Akira was 170$ to have her privately cremated. She was small though, still a puppy so it was cheaper. Expensive, though she was cremated in the city. Im sure around where I live (the suburbs) its cheaper.

SG1 Valco 'Berlin' Hokschhaus CGCA BA-1 UNJCH HIT TKA TC

(2x) SG1 Rogue 'Tesla' v Huerta Hof AD UNJ HIC TKA TC
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 11:55 AM

I agree depends on location, whether it's a private or not.

I have done all my animals as a private cremation, and pay around 175$ in total

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 12:08 PM

To get Genesis cremated and the ashes returned to me in a nice cedar box was around $275. That was back in 2002 though.....

I had called the place that was going to do it and wanted to be sure I was getting my Genesis remains back and not some from another dog. The person told me they place a metal tag with your dog that won't be destroyed from the fire. That's how they know it's yours. She even said if I wanted to I could come and watch how everything is done. I declined that invite. Have Genesis pedigree a pic of him, a puppy tooth and his cedar box in my bedroom on a dresser.......

Kaos 8/6/2003-5/18/2013 Things not what they used to be. Missing one inside of me. Deathly lost this Cant be real. Cannot stand this H*ll I feel. Emptiness is filling me. To the point of agony...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
She even said if I wanted to I could come and watch how everything is done.
having to do this is hard enough, let alone watching, something i could never do, all of mine are on the mantle with a picture and their collar, and favorite toy, they will be going with me when its my time

Max Von barkstoomuch, T.D.Inc, EPI Survivor, Bloat Survivor
Heidi Von affraidofpeople
Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken k View Post
having to do this is hard enough, let alone watching, something i could never do, all of mine are on the mantle with a picture and their collar, and favorite toy, they will be going with me when its my time

Same here. I want Genesis remains and the remains of my two current GSD's Kaos and puppy Havoc to be buried with me. To this day I still regret not getting the remains of another GSD Baron I had. He had passed away either right before on on the ride over to the 24 hour emergency hospital. I was with my father at the time and wasn't thinking straight. I just hugged him then took his choker collar.....

Kaos 8/6/2003-5/18/2013 Things not what they used to be. Missing one inside of me. Deathly lost this Cant be real. Cannot stand this H*ll I feel. Emptiness is filling me. To the point of agony...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page