SAR dogs looking for other dogs? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

SAR dogs looking for other dogs?

My GSD Alex is missing....I was contacted by http://www.kustomk9training.com about going to look for him. He went missing Saturday about noon. We are surrounded by the beach and water. It would be a min. of $200 and $50 every hour after. Is it weird that her dogs find people and dogs?

Missing Alex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Knighted Member

Re: SAR dogs looking for other dogs?

I do SAR with Max. Certified Cadaver, deployable tracker and he has found lost dogs.

Some people believe a well trained Cadaver dog cant have another job, well Max shows them wrong.

CGC Evaluator/ Free testing for Rescue dogs

Klenien Hain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

U-CD Nomex vom Gebirgshaus SAR,BH,TD-2,VCD2,RAE,CDX,MXJ,AX,VER,NAP,NJP,CGC ( Retired )
Enzo z Blitz vom Kleinen Hain CGC NA,NAJ,OA,OAJ,AX,BN,CD
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Crowned Member

I was reading something in the last month or two (in a book or magazine -- not online) about K9 search teams that search for lost dogs. The article explained the process they go through and all that. It seemed very reasonable to me and the author said this can be very successful.

For the life of me I can't remember where I read it, as I'm sitting here right now. I'll keep scouring my brain, and I'll post or pm you the info if I do.

I would be a bit hestitant about someone who contacts YOU though; that's my only concern. (But I'm pretty distrusting as a general rule.)

Of course, we'll keep Alex in our prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Crowned Member

Some people believe a well trained Cadaver dog cant have another job, well Max shows them wrong.
It is not that they cannot be trained for something else, it is the fact that cross training can cause problems when placed in a situation where both target odors are present that the dog is trained for. Never know which one the dog will choose to work.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Alex was found!!!! Thank you for your help!!

Missing Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page