I need a Concept - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I need a Concept

Non SAR member are welcomed to contribute

My SAR team wants to form a sort of "elite group" inside the team for those members and dogs who have been part of the team for more than X years, have participated in several real searches and who have excellent attendance records. The idea is to be like a prize for the more constant, responsible and who are really there when needed, something the new volunteers can look forward to become. Guys want it to be like "commando units" on the military, but in SAR.

I need ideas for a name and a logo. Ideally something short and easily recognizable and the logo to be of one up to two colors.

Thanks!!

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Re: I need a Concept

Does your team have a logo now? There is one certifying agency in the US that has "labels" of SAR Tech I,II & III for each level of certification. Something like that would work. I have always like the logos with the silhoette of a dog (in black) and the orange cross often associated with SAR.

Of course it would not be in English. BTW you could have level one and two and to get to level three you pass the certifications AND X years of experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Do you have a link of that agency? I'd like to know more about the Tech levels, not only for the labels, but because it sounds interesting indeed.

You can see the actual logo here: http://www.ksarchile.cl
I made the first one years ago (the same one than this one, only slightly different) but now I'm thinking more on something you'll put on t-shirt than in a badget, so to speak.

I have been working in something for the logo, like a tribal tatoo with a dog in it as a rough idea, but without a name I'm stuck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

http://www.nasar.org/nasar/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Hawkllore

Just a few ideas, looking at the culture of Chile and such.

I think having a ranking system is great, but you should have an ELITE that are the only ones entitled to wear something.

What about the Huemul / South Andean Deer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Andean_Deer

It's kinda of ironic that the National Bird of Chile is the condor as well, could use that.

I'm not sure how your culture is, but is it possible to get a patch of the Chile Coat of Arms, with …lite S.A.R under it or the likes?

R.I.P. Quiescence 2004 - 10/21/2013
Student|

(Formerly WW2Reenactor)
[/COLOR]
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks, they are great ideas, but they had being already taken The Huemul is the symbol of Codeff, the bigger conservationist group and the condor is widely used by the air-force in their uniforms, planes, etc. Same with the Coat of Arms, which is used a lot by the Army. It could result confusing, because we use to work with them in operations and it's not rare that we are transported and helped or protected by Army or Air Force personal when in a search. It can be difficult and even quite dangerous, as civils, to be confused with military units.

And the guys want it to look though, they won't be happy with a nice huemul or pudu. This idea started as a fox, then they wanted a dog, I made it a dog with a nice GSD mask, they didn't wanted the mask and now it looks as a wolf to me. The legend was supposed to be only tentative until we have a definitive name, and it seems it's staying...democracy is not always a good thing.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Hawkllore

I'm not sure how you had the mask on the dog, here is my 'attempt'

Also, trying to do variations on the word SEARCH, such as prospector, hunter, etc.

It's rushed, and I could do better, but I gotta get up early.

(FYI: The Spanish is from a translator, and I believe I put it in wrong. I think it's translation to Hunters of the Elite, but I was looking for more of a Elite of Hunters or Elite Hunters.)

R.I.P. Quiescence 2004 - 10/21/2013
Student|

(Formerly WW2Reenactor)
[/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page