We passed the NAPWDA Cadaver test - - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

We passed the NAPWDA Cadaver test -

She made us work the water portion shoreline and boat and the buidling problem was wicked [metal warehouse source was on a hot wall up high........] got 11/12; had a false alert on one problem and did find the hide but that one did not count because of the alert.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:18 PM

Re: We passed the NAPWDA Cadaver test -

Way to go Nancy! That's so exciting! Holly and I are going for our NNDDA cadaver certification (land) at the end of June. I know how much hard work you must've put into training. Congratulations!

~Emily~

Bella — 4 year old black Lab mix
Jaga — 4 year old GSD, CGC, TDI
Hollandia vom Landholz (Holly) — 2 year old GSD, CGC, NNDDA SAR (land cadaver)
Oliver — crazy cat
Jake — ball python
and the fishies

Kodak, 3 year old Chihuahua/terrier mix, RIP
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

We were talking; we would like to add NNDDA and IPWDA but right now we are recovering from this one..........That NAPWDA test has buildings, vehicles, land, and water so we are exhausted.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 PM

I've heard that NAPWDA test is brutal. One trainer was telling us that, during the vehicle portion of the test, the evaluator made her dog get INSIDE the car and show her exactly where the scent source was; it wasn't enough for the dog to alert on the vehicle. That's crazy!

~Emily~

Bella — 4 year old black Lab mix
Jaga — 4 year old GSD, CGC, TDI
Hollandia vom Landholz (Holly) — 2 year old GSD, CGC, NNDDA SAR (land cadaver)
Oliver — crazy cat
Jake — ball python
and the fishies

Kodak, 3 year old Chihuahua/terrier mix, RIP
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 PM

Congrats!!!!

Vikki
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted By: editor2I've heard that NAPWDA test is brutal. One trainer was telling us that, during the vehicle portion of the test, the evaluator made her dog get INSIDE the car and show her exactly where the scent source was; it wasn't enough for the dog to alert on the vehicle. That's crazy!
But real world - you figure they may have to work in a trunk or pinpoint in the car. We had done some of that in training.

We did not have <u>that </u>one but we knew it was a possibility. The vehicle hides we had were pretty straightforward but one of them was only a q-tip that had been dipped in blood. [we also had some large scent sources - a real good mixture of everything

The most interesting hide was on the hot inside wall [high hide] in a large metal buidling. The weather was HOT. the wall was HOT. In the middle of the buidling is a front loader [well a bulldozer kind of thing with a cab about 7 feet off the ground] - He climbs in the bucket scrambles in the cab and is throwing all kinds of scent behavior in the cab. I had to explain what was going on - and went back and detailed the hot wall behind the front loader. Actually that was an initial area of interest [he jumped up on the wall there the first pass] --- when we did, he hit the scent and alerted. ........All the other dogs alerted on the exact same spot and did the same thing with the front loader --- though only one other dog actually climbed up into the cab. Getting him off was fun too. He put his paws on the bucket, I grabbed his collar, and as he jumped I caught him and lowered him to the ground. ........

It was a lot of work preparing. Now we get to do it again next year!

I still want to do NNDDA because of the large scent sources they usually use. Like I said we had some big ones but notihng like some of those folks do. I think the tests complement each other. Big stuff vs. little and moderate stuff. But how many tests can you do every year?

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Crowned Member

Nancy

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

WTG Nancy!

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Congrats Nancy!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Elite Member

WoooHOOO!!!! Congratulations Nancy!!!!

Jennifer and Griffin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page