Back on the field? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Back on the field?

I had an interesting phone call today.

Some months ago I trained with some guys of the nearest city who had a project to form a K9 SAR team. They were full of good intentions but lacked of seriousness and discipline to train in a constant schedule and it looked like it won't gonna last too much. I didn't lose contact with them, but as far as I know they didn't continue training either.

Some weeks ago I met with one of those guys and I told him what was my impression of their project and why I hadn't insisted in working with them. He said I was right and he planned to have a serious talk with his fellows. And he did.

Today they called me, they want to take the project again. they had people experienced in emergencies but they lack of someone with first hand experience on SAR dog training and real searches. They asked me to be their Director trainer.

There is a lot to talk before I say anything. Officially I'm still a founder member and director of K-SAR Chile in Santiago, so if I accept they have to abide to our regulations and training philosophies for my team, in my name, to offer them technical support. It can sound rude, but it had costed us tears and blood to have the respect we have now in the emergency world and I've seen too many projects fail to let anyone use our name just because nor I'd loose my position in the team I myself help to create for people I just met.

But... Oh my Dog, I miss SAR so bad!!!

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Elite Member

Re: Back on the field?

I don't think is sounds rude at all. If they want your help and your name then they most certainly follow your instructions at all times. Keep up the good work.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Keep up the good work and let your heart AND your head rule you. You are building a foundation that must be very strong.

I am not clear of the challenges you face but it sounds like you have a lot on your shoulders right now.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

For those who could be interested. I'm NOT working with them. All I asked was a meeting, without dogs, to talk and to get things on paper, but all I did get was a couple of almost casual talks and a bunch of good intentions. The deadline has met with no enough response from them, so I'm officially not interested in to be part of their project.

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page