IPWDA SAR Land Cert - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

IPWDA SAR Land Cert

It's been awhile since I've posted but I just had to give my three girls a shout out as they passed their IPWDA HRD certifications with Matt Zarrella and Scott Carlsten over the weekend and I couldn't be more proud.

I got Guin at 2 years old and she knew nothing as she was an outside dog and wasn't worked with and I get Ella after the crucial time where a puppy should be socialized so she was a mess as well. I didn't know if she was going to be ready to certify Ella but with a lot of work and patience they've all got their certifications this last weekend! Matt and Scott are absolutely awesome and I can't say enough good things about them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0045.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	519785  
car2ner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on the HRD certs and being able to contain 3 GSD's in a small space together w/o creating havoc.

Yana

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 02:49 PM

Congrats! You've got a lovely rainbow of beautiful dogs!

-- Judy

Yazzy the feisty GSD ~ Jan 6th, 2019

Waiting in Heaven:
Mira the goofy Doberman ~ Dec 1st, 2007 - June 2nd, 2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Elite Member

Great job! Working three dogs is alot of work but oh so worth it! Do you get that many HR callouts in your area?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Elite Member

Congratulations! Love the picture!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Congratulations!

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Crowned Member

Congratulations a talented and beautiful looking bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdland View Post
Congrats on the HRD certs and being able to contain 3 GSD's in a small space together w/o creating havoc.
Thank you! I'm not going to say it's exactly havoc free lol, but we make the best of it and they're all good dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hineni7 View Post
Great job! Working three dogs is alot of work but oh so worth it! Do you get that many HR callouts in your area?
It's situational, sometimes there are a lot, sometimes there isn't anything. Last year was a moderately busy year.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I see that IPWDA standards are now not publicly available. I have only one IPWDA once in 2009 when we could not get a NAPWDA test scheduled. Was thinking it might be a good way to pick up a boat test..it has been so long ago though I recall area hide, buried hide, high hide, outside building, blank area

NAPWDA includes the boat for certs but you can do only shoreline but to get the boat test you have to go through all the other scenarios (area, buried, vehicles, rubble, water buildings, lots of blank areas and distracters) [no separate boat test but it can be part of the water test] but adding the boat usually increases time dramatically for a group of people and with the test taking 3-4 days is often just "too much" unless you have two evaluators

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, we usually only do boat training a few times a year. We don't get the opportunity to use it a lot in searches and as you said, it takes a good chunk of time. There really is an art to the boat work though and as a handler it's cool to watch how your dog works in the confined area of a boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page