Have not posted much... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:44 AM
Crowned Member

I like the biothane leads when I took the dogs to the beach. The thing I don’t like yeah they can be hard to grip. I would imagine those gloves would be hard to grip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

Honestly I have not had a major grip problem with my beta biothane and it clears brush like no tomorrow. My red line really helps when you are working with others to keep them from stepping on it. She just pulls so hard my arms hurt afterwards and it is more about keeping upright even though my right hand is anchored on my hip. I am not inclined to wrap the lead around my waist like I have seen some do

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Crowned Member

When I used hot dogs as training treats I had issues only with the biothane lead. It was a very slippery combo lol! Yes I like that brush part and the wet sand does not stick to so much not like the canvas. Yeah I have seen people hook leads around there waste does not look that safe.

Last edited by Jenny720; 12-13-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

I thought my clip would be an issue but it is not. ..............

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 10:40 AM
Elite Member

I wear the thinnest Atlas gloves you can buy at Ace hardware and use a little heavier biothane line that has a little texture to it.

Yana

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

This is the glove I bought at Lowes though online I found it at home depot - used it last night and will stock up because

1) decent finger feel
2) the lack of grippy stuff along the side of the index finger seems to let me "slip the line" as needed - so that feeding out, pulling in line "works"
3) I got a great grip for when we got close up on the subject and she was really throwing herself full force into it.
4) The back is flexible enough I can throw a hot hands in between the top of the glove and the hand

I also am going to use cotton inspection gloves underneath (I did yesterday) and on cold rainy days will slip a think nitrile glove inside to keep my hands dry

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Midwest-...D-96/302892871

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page