Remembering Oso landslide in WA - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Remembering Oso landslide in WA

It has been a year ago today that the Oso landslide claimed 43 lives in Washington State. Such a tragedy for so many families and friends. . . .

I understood at a deeper level what tremendous sacrifices, hardships, and dangers SAR teams face when working natural disasters. The terrain was extremely treacherous and there were SAR members and dogs carefully traversing logs over deadly mud searching, searching, searching . .. .

I am sure that SAR members have light moments and fun at times when training. There were no light moments a year ago in Oso--only risk, dedication, and service. I am sure many today in WA are thinking not only of the victims and their families, but also of the first responders. Thank you to all.

Moriah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Crowned Member

Luckily it's not often we have crazy stuff happen here, Oso, Mt St. Helens and some wind or ice storms, but when something does occur, we should be grateful for the first responders, many of whom are volunteers dedicating their time to help save lives. Hats off to all of them!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Master Member

Thank you for the reminder. I will keep the victims, their loved ones, and all first responders (2 and 4 legged) in my thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page