How's training going? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 02:09 PM

I am on hold as well, Whitney. I am helping out my team for the time being.

I don't know if you remember but we sorta met when you were in CA? You came to my training class with a friend but we didn't get the chance to be introduced, I do believe you watched class for a little while. Wow how long ago was that? It's been quite some time.

My dog has a medical issue and the vet said no SAR for us I posted about it in the health section, unfortunately not too many people responded, it is a very rare condition. She has a sub ararchnoid cyst on her lower spine. Not only is it very rare it is even more rare in the GSD, the vet that did the MRI said he has never seen it in a GSD. They can fix it with surgery, very delicate surgery, but these tend to come back, so I am still in limbo, I don't think she can do SAR even after the surgery though. She can do a lot but SAR is just too strenuous.

Dutch Karin, wow, I really enjoyed my UNO. Wasn't it fun! LOL My dog was awake all night watching something in the forest, you could tell something was out there as her head would move to watch whatever was wandering around out there! LOL Glad you got that done and congratulations on becoming an apprentice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Elite Member

Hi GSD2.

Where you located? I'm assuming you are CARDA. So sorry about your pup. I can only imagine how disappointed that feels. But you sound like the type of person who will adapt well to whatever is next for you two.

I too have a dog that was up all night on the UNO. He slept by my side for MAYBE 20 minutes. I was so jealous of the people who said their dogs snuggled with them all night.

Take good care!
P.S. I'm up at Tahoe and train with the Truckee and Nevada County groups.

Karin
Dutch Shepherd - Ptygo (Tee-Go) de las Flores
Rescue GSD - Freyja (Husband's Dog)
post #23 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 02:44 PM

I'm in southern CA, LA area. Yes, I am a member of CARDA. Actually this has been very tough to adapt to......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 174 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD2 View Post
I am on hold as well, Whitney. I am helping out my team for the time being.

I don't know if you remember but we sorta met when you were in CA? You came to my training class with a friend but we didn't get the chance to be introduced, I do believe you watched class for a little while. Wow how long ago was that? It's been quite some time.
Sorry.. very very long last few weeks... BUT If it is the time I remember, it was.. wow.. 2 years ago? Was it with Jeremy and Kiersten? In lancaster?

v/r,

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan (GSD)-15 Jan 2010
post #25 of 174 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoung2153 View Post
Sorry.. very very long last few weeks... BUT If it is the time I remember, it was.. wow.. 2 years ago? Was it with Jeremy and Kiersten? In lancaster?
Yeah, wow, 2 years ago, unreal, how time flies! It's been a very adventurous 2 years for me, it sounds like you were busy, too
post #26 of 174 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Oh dear has it ever! We're actually heading that way in a couple weeks. Still training out there? Do you still keep in touch with Jeremy and them?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

v/r,

Whitney
and
post #27 of 174 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

How's everyone this week? Any new accomplishments or new scenarios faced?

v/r,

Whitney
and
post #28 of 174 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoung2153 View Post
How's everyone this week? Any new accomplishments or new scenarios faced?
Hot, humid and miserable in DC this week, but it's supposed to get better.

Had a great time at our HR training weekend at the beginning of the month. Lots of great learning and great to meet new people and watch nice dogs work Next up, I hope to go to NC for a 3 day work shop with Randy Hare at the end of the month. Should be a great time!
post #29 of 174 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Lucky you for the Randy Hare workshop; should be great. Between the NAPWDA test, WCU Adv HRD and upcoming Old Dominion in September I am seminar-ed out. We will be training with a county agency next month who wanted to get together on water.

Pretty much in maintain mode hear due to the recent heat. Unghh.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #30 of 174 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Elite Member

Wish us luck, having had to cancel our last scheduled attempt, we are set to get our helicopter hot load sign off this Sunday! Woop!

Tygo has been having some GI problems that have slowed us down a bit lately in training and having to cancel out on a few trainings. I'm hoping that he is on the mend.

I finished my navigation courses and went on a backpack trip and was the navigation queen. I LOVE maps, compasses and GPS units.

Karin
Dutch Shepherd - Ptygo (Tee-Go) de las Flores
Rescue GSD - Freyja (Husband's Dog)

Last edited by DutchKarin; 06-18-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page