Diabla is lost - (found!) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Diabla is lost - (found!)

Saturday I went out of town to trial on IPO with Akela. Diabla bit the fence on her kennel, on a corner I hadn't noticed it was rusty and escaped from home. For what I know, she was playing with neighbors at around 11 AM, but when one of them wanted to do jogging she invited Diabla to go with her and Diabla didn't want to follow too far from home and returned on her own. That was the last time anyone saw her. Other neighbor who is building his house next to mine arrived at 2 PM and never saw her, not even close to home nor did any other neighbor. I live in a rural area, with few houses where everybody know her and where she lives, without many cars passing by and surrounded by forest that Diabla knows better than her own bed and without large predators. If she was in the area, she should have been able to return on her own long ago.

She is the most social dog you'll ever meet and will bring you sticks to throw at her without knowing you, so I think someone must have taken her, I want to think believing she was lost, so my hopes are that sooner or later they'll see the media or the flyers that we (because my friends have been at my side) have put in all the city and they'll return her.

I always said that if a dog of mine was ever lost I'd remove the earth to find it, but never knew how far it would be until I had to. The coverage has been humbling, hundreds (I lost count when it reached the thousand) shares of her picture on FB and Nº1 Twitter trending topic in Chile that Saturday. First thing I did was go to the police station to ask for help, but of course it is not on their duties to search for lost dogs, then yesterday members of my team when to the communication central, the news reached the officers and now they are actively looking for her. It is on the news at regional and national level and just now I'm back from an interview with the regional TV.

This is hitting me hard, hardest than anyone may think, most of times I'm not sure if I'm sad or just very, very tired. You know Diabla since before I got her so I hope you can understand something of it, from all the things I've done with her, from when I had to move and picked her daily at my uncle's home to have her in the car with me all day, from when we moved from Atacama desert to Patagonia, from SchH training to SAR training to certification until her first search. I suppose that after all you deserve to be updated.

All in Spanish but some may understand something anyway:

Página 7 - El Austral de Los Ríos - La edición digital completa en Internet

Valdivia: Buscan a perra de rescate extraviada en Niebla - BioBioChile

www.lun.com

K-Sar Chile pide ayuda a comunidad para ubicar a perra de rescate ?Diabla? extraviada en Valdivia | soychile.cl

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM

I am so very sorry for what you are going thru, will pray you find her safe and sound.

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Crowned Member

So sorry to hear this ... someone posted your message on FB and I SHARED it on my page ... while I don't have any FB friends in Chili ... I figured I might have friends who have friends there!!!

GOOD LUCK, BEST WISHES THAT YOU TWO ARE REUNITED!!!

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Crowned Member

I hope she's found safe and sound and brought home soon

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Crowned Member

Oh no Catu....this brought tears to my eyes!!! I know you must be totally devastated and I can understand totally...I just cannot understand how she would not come home...these dogs are velcro dogs and rarely wander away when they are bonded to you.....I am praying for her safe return....

I am so glad that this is being taken so seriously and that there are people looking for her with you and you have so much support...

<<<HUGS>>>

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Crowned Member

I am heartbroken for you over this.... I am thinking of both of you daily and hope with all hope that she returns to you!!!

I have family in Chile and they have spread the word out and continue too!

My heart breaks for you.... stay strong...

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM

I'm so very sorry that you are going through this and hope she is found safe so very soon.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Crowned Member

Catu I am so sorry. You have my prayers for her safe return to you.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Crowned Member

I know how bad you feel.

Arwen was lost for 19 days in the middle of winter. I was devestated.

I did get her back though. I had flyers out, and ads in the paper, and checked the shelter every other day. I followed every lead. Finally someone called from the next county saying that she might be there. I went up and didn't see them or her, and just as I was turning to leave an older man drove up with his pick up. This was in a remote area with a few cabins that looked deserted right on the lake -- snow everywhere.

He said, let's take a walk. I have to admit, I was thinking this could be a serial killer. But I went with him anyway. Then I heard her tags, and she rushed to me.

She had gotten out of my cheap box kennel that I had at the time on Christmas day. The Amish fellow saw him at his place on one side of me, at about 3PM, and then at his folks place, down the road on the other side of me around 6PM. I got home at about midnight and she was long gone. We went yelling for her.

They say that a dog either goes in circles within a mile from home, or they go straight. I figure Arwen went straight up 193 to the lake and then had to turn right or left. She turned left, which was right, but then just kept going. She had also been hit by a skunk, which may have made it impossible to find her way home. She was 40 miles away which really isn't that far when you figure how much time we are talking. The people were feeding her for a week under the porch. She did not let them get near her until I was there, then she let them.

Another lady in that county was looking for her dog and she told them she was not hers, but that another lady in my county was looking for her dog. They called their friends in this county and got my number out of the newspaper. Many factors were involved in getting her back. I think you are doing great in that respect.

Don't give up hope. You may find her yet.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.

Last edited by selzer; 10-01-2013 at 12:05 PM.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Crowned Member

Do you know of anyone who's dog can track? There was a story I read locally about a dog used successfully to track down a lost dog. Might be worth a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page