I miss SAR - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I miss SAR

I am incredibly missing SAR and talked to two teams that I am interested in joining. Both t teams know me personally and very well. One team is purely a ground pounding team. Highly organized and professional. It is the team that has trained me and put me through the SAR Academy with over 300 hours of training having the equivalInt to the Searcher I.
I have always liked that team. It is an picture book example team of what SAR should look like. One of the officers just posted on my facebook page to keep them update on what will happen with the K9 team because I would be an assett for every SAR team.

The K9 team is my absolutely, all time favorite K9 team and I talked to their Director. She knows about the fallout I had with the director of my old team and said that she was sad to see me go. I have mainly trained with them before I quit my team and they know my dogs and I. She said she would be happy to see me come back and invited me to come to training this Sunday.

The Ground Pounding team is only an hour away. The K9 team is a good drive but I could possibly carpool with on of their other members that lives not too far away from here.

Gawsh I miss it sooooooo much.

Also, Schutzhund is not an issue. It is fully accepted in the team. It seems like NY has less of an issue with it than the South. :P

So...what to do, what to do. I just miss it sooo much!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

We probably have more "bubbas" doing bitework down here than up there..you know with bully breeds etc. It gives a certain perception. I know a man in NC who had his stomach ripped open during a "schutzhund" demo. Kind of made up that team's mind on the topic on the spot. I saw the scar; it was nasty.

Being a groundpounder and getting all that search experience is not going to hurt one bit and is very important.

Personally, I would still maintain the best thing is to focus on one thing only with your dog and be the best you can be at that ONE discipline..but still do SAR if you want. My two cents. Just because I am a big proponent of single purpose dogs. I would make the same statement if you wanted to do trailing and cadaver with the same dog.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

That is why I think the Ground Pounder Team might be the perfect choice. I would still be involved with SAR. if I do get back into K9 I would work MaDeuce. MaDeuce would make an excellent HRD dog and the team has a lot of resources and is an excellent choice for that.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 02-22-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page