Where can I get a bright yellow reflective vest - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Where can I get a bright yellow reflective vest

all I can find is orange vests but the bright yellow, like my jacket, is much more visible in heavy brush. Plus it should have hooks for glowing sticks.

Any ideas? And no, I can't afford the 700 dollar kevlar vest from storm inc. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, Dicks Sporting goods - all for around $15, no hooks though. But with retroreflective trim you look like a Christmas Tree at night.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Crowned Member

You can also check uniform supply places. Check with a local PD or F D to see where they get their stuff.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Crowned Member

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Oh, yes - you or the dog? I assumed you.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

It's for the dog. I have a nice, bright yellow jacket with reflective stripes.

I am just looking for a very specific K9 ve st that is very nice. It is reflective around the chest, has two hooks for the glowing sticks right on the back an reflective stripes as well and literally lit up like a Christmas Tree in the dark. It's supposed to be around 200 dollars but she did not know where that vest is from since she got it from the Comfed Auction. It's the best vet I've seen so far.

The ones at tractor supply or ganders mountain are floating vests and those other vests just don't have the quality I'm looking for.

Has anyone ever used any kind of floating vests for area search?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

We just use aurorlites collars and the basic harness type vests.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

I have a couple I would give to you. I used to wear them when I was training for marathons but I found that people (drivers) used them as something to aim at so I decided to go dark and do my own avoiding.... it was much safer.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Crowned Member

Personally, I dont want all of that stuff on my dog to get hung up on something. Put a reflective breakaway collar on the dog and call it good.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Crowned Member

Sandra - you mean like THIS one?

Bright yellow vest with reflective stripes. I have the same type but in a slightly smaller size for Ronja as well, for hiking during hunting season. Haven't used it much lately.

The last time I was at the Doggie Doo, they had these in stock for about $12.

Back Country Edge has a pretty good price on the "fern green" (which is actually high-viz yellow) coat from Ruff Wear for $40. These are quite nice. Ruff Wear Track Jacket Dog Safety Vest | Reviews

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page