SAR pilot being filmed. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

SAR pilot being filmed.

The show is called scent of the missing and is based on a book written by Susannah Charleston. My son and both of my GSDs are in the film so it has to be good. Here is a few pics.

Susannah Charleston and Smokey, Susannah wrote the book that the show is based on. This is her cameo appearance.

Summer Glau, Blake Sanders(my son) and Smokey.

Blake, Smokey, Jason Ball, and Piper preparing for a camp scene.

Jason, Piper, Eric Winters, Blake(making a weird face), and Smokey.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 06:07 PM

Looks like a lot of fun. Good luck with it and let us know where/when we can see it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

I think it will be on TNT. It is going to be a CSI type drama from what I understand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Be prepared for the accuracy police
Of course it is that way with everything....who gets DNA done in a few days (CSI)?

They stole our team jackets though. (Red and black jacket with mostly yellow patch) and black pants! (Red polos in the summer)

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

They used SAR advisors on set but there were some things that had to be done for television. I will post a couple more pics and lets see who can point out the obvious things that you wouldent see in a real search. These photos are of a search crew that is about to move through an area.

Last edited by ed1911; 12-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Hmm I will take a stab.

Well, it looks like the handlers are lined up to do a grid search which I have never seen done with dogs. And where is the pack (not necessarily a big pack but some stuff.)....I normally would not harness a dog up until it was set off to work.

Where are the flankers?

Looks like someone has a bullhorn. Attraction is a search technique but normally done from a fixed site.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Crowned Member

Oh yes, we will be dealing with the "CSI effect" on duty as well as in court.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I remember a SAR movie a few years ago where the dog liked to chase squirrels and the woman severly violated chain of command by searching alone when told to back out.....I can't remember too much about it as I just could not sit through it as it was so bad.

But congrats on having your dogs and son in the movie.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Crowned Member

I have no doubt, that despite the assistance of SAR advisors, they will completely twist what is done. It's abosutely amazing what can be done with editing.

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Congrats!
It's a movie/tv show. People need to get over the fact that movies do things to make the show more interesting to the casual moviegoer. Space travel really isn't like Star Wars and on farms pigs don't really talk.
Keep us posted on when it's showing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page