SAR in Tahoe or near by? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

SAR in Tahoe or near by?

I would love to sit in on a training session for SAR. I would like to help by hiding for practice. Surprisingly I can't seem to find much info and dog teams in my area. I will talk to the ski patrollers at the mountain this season. They have golden retrievers at all our ski resorts.

I found a nor cal SAR group but I can't find any contacts Or info.

Anyone doing search and rescue training in the Sierra mountains? I just want to help out and learn a little.

Cookie - 8yr GSD mix rescue
Indy - 13 Yr Pom/chi mix
Hazelnut- 1 yr/ old GSD rescue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I was hoping someone would respond; I don't know any folks that way.
Have you checked with CARDA?

I see they have an email contact option - you may need to give them time. SAR teams are notorious for slowly answering emails - don't call the emergency number

California Rescue Dog Association

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Yeah it's not easy to find the dog group here for some weird reason. You would think there would be plenty. I emailed someone that was in charge of meetings in the Tahoe area. I will wait and see if he gets back to me.

There is a corse here at the community college that is for SAR and wilderness surviving. Maybe my husband and I will take it I think that would be a good start. It drives me crazy that I can't find the dog teams. I will post info if I get any.

Thanks

Indy - 13 Yr Pom/chi mix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

The folks at the course may help you with contacts. While you are at it you can take the free online FEMA classes IS 100, 200, 700, 800, and 809 just about everyone is requiring them now. Just google FEMA online training.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

I got an email back from a guy that is in charge of setting up teams and getting volunteers for my area. All he said was " Hi Give us a call Heather and I train the dog as we can.#"

So I will give them a call on my day off see what I find. I am pretty excited. I have a young Shepherd I would love to see if she has what it takes. I am excited they got back to me.

Thanks I will look up those Classes.

Indy - 13 Yr Pom/chi mix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page