Another little hunt drive clip - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

Another little hunt drive clip

Grim is recovering from his surgery so I have been taking it easy (he has shaved belly, Cyra has orange collar ...he is the working dog)

Anyway, ball flipped out of fence and other side is a ravine and full of brush. So after they were searching for awhile I decided to go inside and get my cell phone and video it.

Sound did not seem to upload but anyway not much to hear.

http://youtu.be/pnzkSgG3suc

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 01:10 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

It says video is private.

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

LOL I am learning. I will be ready when Beau arrives for puppy videos

Still not sure about the sound. WHen he crawled under the fence is the only time I talked to him (I whistled for him to come so I could let him out the gate) - otherwise I just watched.

You can see Cyra pretty much standing there....and, yes the yard is horrible....the front and side yards are getting there but the back yard has a long way to go....planning on having shrubs and "trails" not much good can grow on that wooded hillside with dog traffic.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles

Last edited by NancyJ; 09-17-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 02:28 PM

That is great! He is so proud of himself for having found his ball!

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
LOL I am learning. I will be ready when Beau arrives for puppy videos

Still not sure about the sound. WHen he crawled under the fence is the only time I talked to him (I whistled for him to come so I could let him out the gate) - otherwise I just watched.

You can see Cyra pretty much standing there....and, yes the yard is horrible....the front and side yards are getting there but the back yard has a long way to go....planning on having shrubs and "trails" not much good can grow on that wooded hillside with dog traffic.

September 17, 2011 10:43 AM - YouTube
Eh, don't worry about the yard. Multiple dog owners know exactly what you are going through. My raspberry bushes were destroyed within a month. Plants have no chance... so I figured I keep the frontyard nice and clean and leave the backyard to the dogs at least until next year...

Very nice Hunt Drive by the way. I got to get a video from Judge up and running. Despite the twisted leg you wouldn't think that he's got any injury at all. He works himself all day long, running, jumping, romping... heck I might even start him working because if he can run all day long the way he does, he can work...LOL
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

Yes, that fence inside the fence is part of my "dog yard" and I am slowly going to fence off areas to grow shrubs and have "paths" through the back. Probably a lot of American Holly for the birds because it seems to like this area. And I am trying out some Indian Hawthorne if it is not too shady.

The poles are the start of my agility structure.

Large cul-de-sac lot but a large strip of the woods behind has to stay due to zoning buffer requirements ( about 200 feet) - and I hope it is a good while before the land behind us gets developed (probably will be as there is a lot more land in development that needs to fill out and development is pretty static right now)

This is new puppy Beau (the sable) when they introduced them to slick floors. His sister is just too fast for him though I was told he was first on the rubble pile later that day.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

Is that the pup you were talking about on the other forum a couple of weeks/months ago? What a cuty. I wouldn't say no to that one as well.

I was wondering what the poles were for. It looks big and large enough to do what you are planning to do with it.

If Judge isn't able to go back to work I have to think what I'm going to do next. I definitely want a second dog to work.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

It could have been....I was thinking of several because I thought I was not going to get him - he was one of two males and had been promised to another friend but she held back because of too much else going on right now (floods up North, her current cadaver dog needing some ortho surgery due to an injury, travel, etc)...and if these guys grow up pretty good the breeding will be repeated.

This litter is Czech on the top and West German on the bottom.

I look at Cyra with her dyplasia and wonder if she could not have worked....I still wonder about that....she really is going very strong at almost 9...but....then....I don't know. Tough call there. She was live find, and the back of my mind was saying if there was any chance she was not 100% what would be the consequences. I think it has to be taken each dog.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

That sounds interesting. The Czech on top, West on bottom. Understandable that she would care for her Cadaver first and with the Floods and everything, maybe it was the better choice not to take onto a puppy, that is why I want to wait until I completely know whats going on until I take another dog in to work.

I know how you feel about the "Maybe she could have worked" when I see him like that, running, all day long, stressing his leg, he can definitely work but the question is if he can hold that up over the years. Maybe once he's had the surgery, who knows. He's got the drive. If not... I was considering a pup out of these two:

Boss aus Kingston Village - working-dog.eu

Jil vom Smaragdwald - working-dog.eu
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 PM

Those are puppies rock!!! Very nice litter, very excited and happy for you. The little sable is the cutest, in my biased opinion.

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page