Drama between the Teams... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Drama between the Teams...

....good grieve... the drama between the teams and counties... is it always like that?

If some teams would concentrate on what they are doing instead of trying to control and talk **** about others, maybe they would actually get some training done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Yup - SAR and Politics go together. That is why we put this in our team code of ethics (see blue) to always remind us. It is very hard but you have to not let them suck you into their games. We are fotunate in having a good relationship with our depeartment and several teams in our and surrounding states. Some, not all. Not sure what "power" is to be had or why people want it.

I will be mindful that my actions represent the team to both the search and rescue community and the community at large and will act with tact and diplomacy, respecting the confidentiality of information I may receive.
I will not discredit members of other teams or the agencies whom we serve. I will not seek to resolve issues that may arise though a public forum, but rather through the appropriate chain of command.
I will honor the cultural, political, religious, and racial diversity of all people and treat them with dignity and respect. In no way will such differences interfere with my assigned duties.
I will remember that personal goals are secondary to the needs of the victim, their family, and requesting agencies. I will support the concept that Search and Rescue is a team activity and seek to ensure that the best available resources are made available, regardless of affiliation.
If another person does or says something that is offensive to me, I will first try to resolve directly with that person and, if this fails and the issue is worthy of escalation, will discuss with one or more of the team officer(s)
I will honestly represent my abilities and limitations to requesting agencies and other teams with whom we deploy. I will continuously work to improve my personal knowledge and skills and will willingly share such information with others in the spirit of cooperation. I will assess risks accordingly and not place others or myself in unnecessary jeopardy

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Banned

YEah, it's really hard not to get sucked in because they suck you in without asking you. The only thing you can do is to stand up for your own team and to show them where your loyalty is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Crowned Member

Yes. Aaaaall over the world.

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page