Working dogs in the heat - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 10:19 PM

I'm absolutely bookmarking the Aluminet thank you! I think I'm going to try and rig some easy fan set up even if I have to put small ones on the dash to keep it moving toward the back.

Outside temps were fine but I was in and out of the car 50 times trying to find a way to get him cooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 10:27 PM

Any suggestions for battery-operated fans? Hoping to find a rechargable one that's reasonable.
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 04:48 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I use the O2 cool, snip the line to the AC adapter, crimp on connectors, and connect to a 12 volt deep cycle battery.. they can be had for a better price when the big box stores doe seasonal changes outs -- I got mine for $5 each and stocked up.

http://www.amazon.com/12-volt-18-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B000RAVT58
http://www.amazon.com/BATTERY-OPERATED-INDOOR-OUTDOOR-ADAPTER/dp/B002VEDG5Y
I keep it charged with this..just run a cord out to my car.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-021-0123-Junior-Charger/dp/B000CITK8S/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1403513063&sr=1-1&keywords=battery+tender+junior
I do know some folks who have the Ryobi fans you can get at Home Depot etc. but they have not been as impressed with the output and length of time the battery lasts.

Ryobi One Plus Portable Fan-P3310 at The Home Depot

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 05:16 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Keep an eye open for this webinar that will be offered once a month. I missed the event but saw some notes someone typed up from it. They said they would be notifying next event....it is the following page on facebook (won't link but this is the name of the group)

Veterinary Tactical Group

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Crowned Member

I've been looking for power sources to run crate fans and the power station looked really good(great!) compared to running a marine batter for the same cost.
My husband frequents NAPA and gets wholesale pricing on most everything due to his machine shop business.
So he brought me home this and I'll test it out this weekend:
CED2976-2ISN RFDPPJS2976DLX Portable Power Source/Mini Jump Starter

Jane~
Kept by

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 11:00 PM

Thanks for all of the info! Still looking into the fans...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page