Grim in the News - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

Grim in the News

He is the shepherd and I am the one in black

We hosted a cadaver seminar and it was just a PR piece.

Did not post earlier because the link was screwed up but it looks like they fixed it. Hit the arrow in the middle of the picture if you want to see.

http://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/artic...training/17169/

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Grim in the News

Very cool!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

If dog27 is around there is a link to King County. Andy and Marcia ran the course; it was the Advanced Cadaver Seminar - it never got posted anywhere that I know of and they managed to fill it - we hosted and it was a good week.

Civil War Graves
800 year old tooth
Searching a manure pile surrounded by animal bones with the human source in the pile.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Crowned Member

That's great. Grim is a talented and very handsome dog!

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Crowned Member

cool!

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Good stuff. Marcia's stuff is great.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

One of the things we needed was strategy for shallow graves by working real old graves. Basically it was to let the dog have the time to work it out and just really watch them.

That is where drive differences really showed up. The higher drive dogs seemed to get more and more intent on pinpointing source and actually worked harder as they were working the area and were overwhelmed with scent [yes and from 100 + year old graves]

and the lower drive dogs seemed to just stand there and act confused and look to the handlers to help them out.

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Nancy JIf dog27 is around there is a link to King County. Andy and Marcia ran the course; it was the Advanced Cadaver Seminar - it never got posted anywhere that I know of and they managed to fill it - we hosted and it was a good week.
Nice video, Grim looks great. I want to know why I didn't hear Andy yelling "REWARD AT THE SOURCE!" in that clip :-).

"These dogs--they just eat this stuff up" made me laugh, as I was thinking literally instead of figuratively.

Jonathan & Benny

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

LOL, I do reward at source but was too far away for the throw to make it, I almost hit the reporter though....

Nancy

- Partner in Crime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page