IPO in Delaware or Maryland - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

IPO in Delaware or Maryland

Hello, can anyone recommend an IPO trainer in Maryland or Delaware? Looking for private instruction

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:44 AM

How far into MD are you looking?

I took classes with Tecla Walton at Tecla's K9 Academy for various sports. She has private instruction for IPO and has a decoy that comes in every two weeks.

I have also heard Karen Decker with P.U.P.S. offers private instruction for IPO. She also is in the Howard County Working Dog Club and have had a Nationals competitor recommend her to me a while back. I haven't personally trained with her so I can't speak of her training methods.

If you're looking for something closer to the DE line, hopefully someone can point out a place to go.

+ Kalbi CGC 6/21/2015
+ Blackthorn's Out of the Frying Pan NW1 ORT SEN SCN BCAT SIN RATN TKN (Katsu) 9/12/2017
+ Blackthorn's Skofnung CGC TKN RATI RATO (Steel) 07/23/2018
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Crowned Member

Karen Decker at PUPS is z very good trainer and she brings in Beth Bradley and Ryan White once a month. This would be an excellent choice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsugsd View Post

I took classes with Tecla Walton at Tecla's K9 Academy for various sports. She has private instruction for IPO and has a decoy that comes in every two weeks.

I have also heard Karen Decker with P.U.P.S. offers private instruction for IPO. She also is in the Howard County Working Dog Club and have had a Nationals competitor recommend her to me a while back. I haven't personally trained with her so I can't speak of her training methods.

If you're looking for something closer to the DE line, hopefully someone can point out a place to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Karen Decker at PUPS is z very good trainer and she brings in Beth Bradley and Ryan White once a month. This would be an excellent choice.
Thanks guys !
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsugsd View Post

Quote:
Hi, do y'all know or have heard of a trainer just outside of the DC area? I'm looking for someone closer to me. Howard County and Tecla is closer to Baltimore. And thanks.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc68 View Post
Hi, do y'all know or have heard of a trainer just outside of the DC area? I'm looking for someone closer to me. Howard County and Tecla is closer to Baltimore. And thanks.
How far is Lovettsville from you? Marty Segretto at Definitive K9 is there.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 05:27 PM

I've practiced with WAG in Waldorf MD. Juergen is very good and offers private lessons as club training. https://www.facebook.com/wagclubdc/

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 10:59 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2ner View Post
I've practiced with WAG in Waldorf MD. Juergen is very good and offers private lessons as club training. https://www.facebook.com/wagclubdc/
Sorry, Waldorf is on the other side of the beltway from me. I think it's further out than Tecla and Baltimore. Thanks anyway. I'm looking at more towards up 270 and maybe even NOVA.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 11:16 PM
Master Member

Quote:
How far is Lovettsville from you? Marty Segretto at Definitive K9 is there.

Thanks, Jax. I've never even heard of Lovettsville but doing a quick Google map search...it looks like it's across the river. Not an easy drive but I'll definitely look into him. Looks like he's very accomplished.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page