FCI/AWDF/USCA issues - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

FCI/AWDF/USCA issues

Can someone please cut thru the BS and give a accurate description of what A. This means and B if it really matters? I plan in being a part of GSDCA will anything effect me also is GSDCA the best group to be with if I plan on being competitive with my dog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Crowned Member

GSDCA was never an AWDF member.

As far as if the GSDCA is the best organization...that would be a contentious topic. IMO, USCA has more members, more trials, better helpers, better trainers, better programs, better national competitions . It's up to you to decide which you like best.
lhczth and onyx'girl like this.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

I agree USCA has a ton more events, but with this "issue" would it be smart for me to become a member. I do like having more events and more members to help you out. I actually did not know the membership was higher, I also would like any titles I get to be accepted by many different organizations tho. I am looking for a noBS analyst for someone new who is looking into clubs to be a member of, I am not looking to tick people off or start WW3, just a plain a jane "no offense and Jane's" of what people think with regards to clubs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:35 PM

Belonging to GSDCA does not open up any doors to you as far as opportunities to compete in more events. You have to search out the kennel clubs in your area and find out when they are holding trials, etc, the GSDCA only puts on one show a year and that takes place in October. You don't need to be a member to compete, your dog just needs to be AKC registered. Also you might search out a local GSD club in your area, they may provide classes, etc through the club or be able to direct you as to where to go.

Kathy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]

Last edited by kayek9; 12-12-2018 at 12:37 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Ya my local GSD club is lacking.. I did find a website gsdonline which seems to have all the German shepherd events for USCA but no GSDCA LOL, that kinda deals the deal for me that being said, this issue with FCI anyone know if it is resolved so that your titles are not effected?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 01:04 PM

cdwoodcox shared an email on one of the previous threads for USCA issues:

https://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...sca-dvg-3.html

Page 3

TL;DR - FCI will recognize the titles, judges and scorebooks from USCA trials regardless of the outcome of the squabble.

+ Kalbi CGC 6/21/2015
+ Blackthorn's Out of the Frying Pan NW1 ORT SEN SCN BCAT SIN RATN TKN (Katsu) 9/12/2017
+ Blackthorn's Skofnung CGC TKN RATI RATO (Steel) 07/23/2018
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayek9 View Post
the GSDCA only puts on one show a year and that takes place in October.
This is not correct. There are many GSDCA IPO clubs that hold trials ever year. The GSDCA holds a national IPO competition. They send people to the WUSV qualifier in May. They hold club trials. They hold confirmation shows.

USCA is strictly IPO. GSDCA is the breed club in the U.S. AKC will accept IPO titles earned under the GSDCA. They will not accept them under the USCA.

As far as the AWDF...unless you are planning on trialing for the FCI world championship, since you have a German Shepherd, this has zero effect on you. The FCI has stated they will continue to accept titles earned under the USCA.

You can trial in the USCA if you are GSDCA but you have to pay an extra $100 entry fee. That is the cost of a USCA membership. Some disagree with that. I don't. If I have to pay it yearly as a member, to benefit from our track layer programs/helper programs/ top notch championships, then a non member should have to pay the same.

The club you choose to join is your personal preference. This AWDF thing affect the top 1% in the sport.
CometDog likes this.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayek9 View Post
the GSDCA only puts on one show a year and that takes place in October.
This is not correct. There are many GSDCA IPO clubs that hold trials ever year. The GSDCA holds a national IPO competition. They send people to the WUSV qualifier in May. They hold club trials. They hold confirmation shows.

USCA is strictly IPO. GSDCA is the breed club in the U.S. AKC will accept IPO titles earned under the GSDCA. They will not accept them under the USCA.

As far as the AWDF...unless you are planning on trialing for the FCI world championship, since you have a German Shepherd, this has zero effect on you. The FCI has stated they will continue to accept titles earned under the USCA.

You can trial in the USCA if you are GSDCA but you have to pay an extra $100 entry fee. That is the cost of a USCA membership. Some disagree with that. I don't. If I have to pay it yearly as a member, to benefit from our track layer programs/helper programs/ top notch championships, then a non member should have to pay the same.

The club you choose to join is your personal preference. This AWDF thing affect the top 1% in the sport.
Like I said before a none BS analysis and leave it to Jax to be spot on. So a dual membership is most likely the way to go. Jax thank you for giving it straight, I figured either you or izch would be the ones to do it.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

If you join a GSDCA club then become a GSDCA member. If your club is a USCA club than join the USCA. If you join a club with a variety of breeds and would like to go to the AWDF championships then join one of the other clubs like DVG or the Mali club. Of course you will not have access to conformation shows or surveys and would still have to be a member of GSDCA or USCA.

USCA has way more trials, way more regional championships and two national championships. They share the Sieger Show with the GSDCA.

GSDCA you can pay to put your titles on your AKC pedigrees.

Now, personal opinion. If GSDCA was my only option, I would find another sport.
wolfstraum and Jax08 like this.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
T

You could always join one of the other breed clubs if you want to do the AWDF. USCA has an all breed championship too.
Jax08 likes this.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page