Usca or dvg - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Derail this thread as much as you wish. Interesting conversation.
Regarding the original post. Now that USCA has a new president, hopefully they can work things out and all will be good.

Athena BH, Rosko BH
I MAY NOT BE THERE YET. BUT, I AM CLOSER THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Crowned Member

@cdwoodcox I'm confused as to why you keep saying the USCA needs to get things figured out and why you imply Jim stepping down is a solution. Vadim voted on that non member charge that involved the awdc clause as well. This didn't happen in a vacuum. There is another organization involved In this and they aren't innocent victims. Maybe I'm miisreading this but it appears you are placing all the responsibility on the USCA?

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
I am a bit confused - I scanned the linked article, but it is late and I am not really sharp right now... half asleep

Are you referring in general to a generic dog or to a specific dog?? to my male??? IPO1 pending merely indicates that the dog is being trained, and will be trialed for the title....generically.....

If you are referring to my dog??? Hey - life happens....the dog had tons of training, got hurt, handler had family and work commitments and titles did not happen even though dog was trained.....time goes by, females need to be bred while still young enough to have pups and the male get bred and titled and koered afterwards....even in Germany they can do this....yes, bass ackwards, but done.....since in Germany they have more clubs/shows opportunities to train and title in a physical area less than the size of Texas than we have in the entire US, it is not always feasible to get that title before breeding a dog (health and viability play into the decision as well)...doing titles koer, certifications after doing a breeding is still a demonstration of honoring the system and demonstrating that the dog is breeding quality as evaluated by an outsider.

My HGH female was koered after her breeding career just to establish that credential for her offspring. My male was picked up and trialed 3 weeks after I got him back with barely any brush up training....then koered .....

BUT - there ARE tons of dogs with IPO titles that aren't worth Charmin! there is abuse in every evaluation system....no different in IPO.....

If this is incoherent - sorry - am trying to stay awake....

Lee
Doc's USCA IPO3 National Champion title is pending too, Lol. Yeah, I veered into Komet but I'm not questioning the dog or the reasons why he wasn't originally. I just don't understand pointing to mickey mouse titles not meaning they're breed worthy, then putting in the effort to put that first title on an older dog who's already produced a fair amount of puppies?
Jax08 likes this.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Just seen this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1541456151139_1541456264273.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	513911  
lhczth likes this.

Athena BH, Rosko BH
I MAY NOT BE THERE YET. BUT, I AM CLOSER THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page