Usca or dvg - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
The USCA is NOT an organization for registration. It can not be like the "continental kennel club".
I know it's not an organization for registration. I was referring to the titles not being honored or accepted by the other organizations. Therefore being equivalent to a CKC registered dog.

Athena BH, Rosko BH
I MAY NOT BE THERE YET. BUT, I AM CLOSER THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Crowned Member

The AWDF is ONLY there for a single championship. That is their entire purpose. They are not accepting USCA titles. Ok. SO that means everyone needs to find other trials in order to earn titles to enter the AWDF championship IF they want to try for the FCI championship. ONE SINGLE EVENT. Good luck finding trials that are not USCA. People with breeds that are not German Shepherds should be IRATE at the AWDF.

There were power plays on both sides.

If nothing else, play the numbers game...

People are mad over the $100 charge to enter a USCA event if they are non members? I pay that fee every year. That fee helps pay for programs for helpers, track layers, judge and a youth program. It gets me 2 Nationals and a regionals per year. So it costs me $100 + the entry fee for trial. Should non members pay less? If they chose to be a member of a different organization, it's their choice. They shouldn't pay less than a member. So now they can pay more in travel fees and hotel fees to find trials that aren't USCA.

There is a club that was never paid by the AWdf for holding the national. Per the secretary at the time, the entries were 30-40. The event was in the red. Go to the awdf website, look at the USCA members entered in the championship. Subtract those numbers from the total entries. Compare those numbers to the 30-40 entries in the event that was in the red.

We'll see how this all plays out.
northwoodsGSD likes this.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
The AWDF is ONLY there for a single championship. That is their entire purpose. They are not accepting USCA titles. Ok. SO that means everyone needs to find other trials in order to earn titles to enter the AWDF championship IF they want to try for the FCI championship. ONE SINGLE EVENT. Good luck finding trials that are not USCA. People with breeds that are not German Shepherds should be IRATE at the AWDF.

There were power plays on both sides.

If nothing else, play the numbers game...

People are mad over the $100 charge to enter a USCA event if they are non members? I pay that fee every year. That fee helps pay for programs for helpers, track layers, judge and a youth program. It gets me 2 Nationals and a regionals per year. So it costs me $100 + the entry fee for trial. Should non members pay less? If they chose to be a member of a different organization, it's their choice. They shouldn't pay less than a member. So now they can pay more in travel fees and hotel fees to find trials that aren't USCA.

There is a club that was never paid by the AWdf for holding the national. Per the secretary at the time, the entries were 30-40. The event was in the red. Go to the awdf website, look at the USCA members entered in the championship. Subtract those numbers from the total entries. Compare those numbers to the 30-40 entries in the event that was in the red.

We'll see how this all plays out.

Thanks @Jax08. This post explains some of what I was wondering.

Athena BH, Rosko BH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 08:33 PM
Elite Member

I think I'll stick to suit sports. Lol
Jax08 likes this.

Snitches get stitches.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpump View Post
I think I'll stick to suit sports. Lol
I believe the closest suit sport to me is Chicago.

Athena BH, Rosko BH
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:50 PM
Crowned Member

Is this a good summary of what's happening?

Meltdown in America
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 11:43 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsugsd View Post
I'm curious and new. The club I'm interested in briefly touched on the topic while I was there and they mentioned they think USCA will be allowed back into AWDF because of an issue with judge training/qualifications (?) And that USCA was trying to be a breed club when it was originally a sport club (?) Regardless the club is registered with USCA and DVG and they said it doesn't matter which I choose to join under.

The whole conversation confused me since it seems like club politics and I'm not one for politics on top of being new to IPO/IPG. Hoping someone can dumb down the issue and what they think will happen.

this is sort of backwards.....USCA was originally established to promote/follow the SV standard of breeding for the German Shepherd Dog.....through the years, the whole concept of training and titles is to ascertain the breedworthiness of the individual has been shunted aside and the training is now a competitive sport....if a title can be made on a dog, no matter how skewed or twisted or mickey moused the test, people think it equals breedworthiness....

Politics has always been a cloud over the sport and the organization. ALWAYS. That being said, USCA still has the most clubs, the most trials and is generally recognized as the organization with the most opportunity.

Lee
Katsugsd likes this.

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
this is sort of backwards.....USCA was originally established to promote/follow the SV standard of breeding for the German Shepherd Dog.....through the years, the whole concept of training and titles is to ascertain the breedworthiness of the individual has been shunted aside and the training is now a competitive sport....if a title can be made on a dog, no matter how skewed or twisted or mickey moused the test, people think it equals breedworthiness....

Politics has always been a cloud over the sport and the organization. ALWAYS. That being said, USCA still has the most clubs, the most trials and is generally recognized as the organization with the most opportunity.

Lee

Thank you for the explanation! I'm sure I just misunderstood the entire conversation since I'm so new to IPO and this new wave of club politics.

+ Kalbi CGC 6/21/2015
+ Blackthorn's Out of the Frying Pan NW1 ORT SEN SCN BCAT SIN RATN TKN (Katsu) 9/12/2017
+ Blackthorn's Skofnung CGC TKN RATI RATO (Steel) 07/23/2018
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post

Lee
I know this is off topic from the thread, but this is a good article about the value of titles and touches on why they aren't everything. I have an honest question related to all the IPO is a joke comments. Not just this one Lee, but just in general, because there's always someone who's going to say it.
German Shepherd Watch Dogs Do Titles Really Matter? - German Shepherd Watch Dogs

Why bother then? Why the effort and why advertise the titles? Why put the work into an IPO1 on a 6 year old dog that was already bred, what, 3 times? What the heck does IPO1 pending mean? If its because you know the dog, your dogs, etc.. what difference is that IPO1?

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:19 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
I know this is off topic from the thread, but this is a good article about the value of titles and touches on why they aren't everything. I have an honest question related to all the IPO is a joke comments. Not just this one Lee, but just in general, because there's always someone who's going to say it.
German Shepherd Watch Dogs Do Titles Really Matter? - German Shepherd Watch Dogs

Why bother then? Why the effort and why advertise the titles? Why put the work into an IPO1 on a 6 year old dog that was already bred, what, 3 times? What the heck does IPO1 pending mean? If its because you know the dog, your dogs, etc.. what difference is that IPO1?
I am a bit confused - I scanned the linked article, but it is late and I am not really sharp right now... half asleep

Are you referring in general to a generic dog or to a specific dog?? to my male??? IPO1 pending merely indicates that the dog is being trained, and will be trialed for the title....generically.....

If you are referring to my dog??? Hey - life happens....the dog had tons of training, got hurt, handler had family and work commitments and titles did not happen even though dog was trained.....time goes by, females need to be bred while still young enough to have pups and the male get bred and titled and koered afterwards....even in Germany they can do this....yes, bass ackwards, but done.....since in Germany they have more clubs/shows opportunities to train and title in a physical area less than the size of Texas than we have in the entire US, it is not always feasible to get that title before breeding a dog (health and viability play into the decision as well)...doing titles koer, certifications after doing a breeding is still a demonstration of honoring the system and demonstrating that the dog is breeding quality as evaluated by an outsider.

My HGH female was koered after her breeding career just to establish that credential for her offspring. My male was picked up and trialed 3 weeks after I got him back with barely any brush up training....then koered .....

BUT - there ARE tons of dogs with IPO titles that aren't worth Charmin! there is abuse in every evaluation system....no different in IPO.....

If this is incoherent - sorry - am trying to stay awake....

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net

Last edited by wolfstraum; 11-04-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page