Pictures From Last Saturday Club - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By CometDog
  • 1 Post By CometDog

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Pictures From Last Saturday Club

Well, it is going pretty good. BH pattern shouldn't be an issue unless I screw him up by going the wrong way. How could I, it's so simple? Having competed enough in scneario shooting sports and martial arts tourneys enough, not to mention being a jock growing up over the last for and half decades I know that the simplest things can go out the window if you are nervous.

AD will be a cinch. I can bike 26 miles before getting tired and Valor does regular runs with me now and always has lots left in the tank.

We started tracking and he does it, I just don't love it the way everyone says I would. It's neat....but apparently I was suppose to get lit up over it. I'll do it though of course.

Tracking, OB, endurace..all stuff we can do on our own. As with most I'm sure bitework is the hardest to practice because you need a good and trusted helper. I make it to my club 2 times a month, pretty much missed most of September, but he seems to remember it lol He loves to do it, I'm sure most do. We are up to 2 blinds, and he has learned bark and hold and can do good OB around the helper without losing his mind and keeping his focus on me. Check. Decent foundation at least. He is a pretty handler sensitive dog. When he does find the helper in the blind he had a habit of looking for me/checking with me first. We got him working independently now though. In my mind his voice was saying "wait, what...go around this one? K...now...bite? OK to do that?"

At one turning point I yelled "would you *%%%!!! just GOOOO" and he did. Things seem better there now lol

So the ONE thing we really need to work on is the ONE thing I can't do on my own. Which makes perfect sense (shrug)

Anyway here are some pics. I have been training him with an X Dog weighted vest for like 2 weeks and I must say his turns are getting tight and his shoulders are looking buff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3279jpg.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	513183   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3298jpg.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	513185   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3299jpg.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	513187  
lhczth, dogma13 and tim_s_adams like this.

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
How could I, it's so simple?
It happens. Don't jinx yourself, Lol.

Doc

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
It happens. Don't jinx yourself, Lol.
Oh tell me something I don't know lol. I missed a whole array of targets once in a shooting competition scenario. The penalty points incurred put me DL. Guess who designed the scenario and decided where all the targets were to go in the first place? And who even set it up before the competition? And who told each shooter in the squad "don't forget about those 3 behind the wall on your way to position 3"?
dogma13 likes this.

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page